• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Last Layer Subsets

hadofhfo

Ok, so I did check this and I found nothing. I was on Chris Olson's website and he said that combining Magic Wondeful and Winter Variation would result in a 1 in 5 chance of an OLL skip. I know this is asking ALOT, but I'm bad at math so... I was wondering how high the chance would be if you included Summer Variation into the mix. Would it even go up at all? Or would your chances of a skip be even higher? I'm inclined to think that they would, but I'm not very good at math so I don't even know where to start to figure this out.

xyzzy

The quoted "1 in 5 chance of an OLL skip" (actually 5/24, which is slightly higher) applies only to R U' R' inserts. Summer Variation doesn't apply to R U' R' inserts.

Also:
>I'm bad at math

Never take this attitude. Mathematics can be learnt. Maybe the concepts don't make sense now, but that's fine, you don't have to learn it all at once. More people can do basic mathematics than solve a cube, and you've already accomplished the harder task.