• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

LanLan Springs Inside a MoYu Skewb? What it does and is it better?

CuberRiley

WCA
2015Edwa01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys! Please check out this short video I made, because I think you guys can get some good info out of it, and may even help your times with the Skewb! I worked pretty hard on it so please give it a like for the high quality!

Thanks for watching!

Non embedded URL for people who like non embedded URL's:
http://youtu.be/cru3yAIEUZI

Last edited by a moderator:

Stewy

Premium Member
WCA
2015CLAR14
YouTube
Visit Channel
"many cubers have seemed to replac the moyu springs with the lanlan springs"

"but what many cubers don't know is what kind of difference this makes"

uhhhhhhh i'm pretty sure if someone does a spring swap they'll know what the difference is, nobody just does a spring swap for the hell of it

rock1t

Why do you have to put every single video of your channel on the forum just to get some views?

CuberRiley

WCA
2015Edwa01
YouTube
Visit Channel
that would be because he's posting actual WRs and UWRs, there's a difference
I am also posting my UWR's and WR's (currently being approved by Guinness)
And the last post I did about a video other than this one was like 4 videos before this one and I'm not even putting half of my videos on here. Also, I work hard on the videos that I post, you'd probably do the same if you had ever made a good video.

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
I am also posting my UWR's and WR's (currently being approved by Guinness)
And the last post I did about a video other than this one was like 4 videos before this one and I'm not even putting half of my videos on here. Also, I work hard on the videos that I post, you'd probably do the same if you had ever made a good video.

Please don't bring the 'UWRs' up again. And on a side note, you do not have any WRs

CuberRiley

WCA
2015Edwa01
YouTube
Visit Channel
"many cubers have seemed to replac the moyu springs with the lanlan springs"

"but what many cubers don't know is what kind of difference this makes"

uhhhhhhh i'm pretty sure if someone does a spring swap they'll know what the difference is, nobody just does a spring swap for the hell of it
Yeah I meant many cubers do it and many other cubers don't know what it does.

uyneb2000

WCA
2011YUBE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I understand you want to get your channel out there and known. But please, don't rely on SpeedSolving for getting views. As seen, the feedback eventually gets negative if you continuously spam with your videos, whether it's every one of yours or not. I do like the quality in this one, it's better than anything I could ever make. However, if you're going to make yourself a RESPECTABLE YouTuber, please be doing things that are respectable. Put work into not only your videos, but also your skills as a speedcuber. I don't enjoy watching hardware videos by people who are slow, not because I am sort of elitist, but because they have the most experience, and can make the best reviews, as they understand what is needed in a speedcube. That being said, making yourself look fast, or making videos like this are not the best videos to release. I suggest you stop making videos with a title like "Skewb School" until you get to a decent speed, which you aren't. Other than that, do what you do. Just don't make this a ground for you to self-promote. The difference between you and Feliks is that you put a lot of promotion into your videos when you post. Feliks, on the other hand, posts a video, and maybe just makes a simple comment on the content of the video, nothing that really stands out as "Pay attention to me!" Just make yourself seem a bit humbler here. We only mean the best when we criticize you, even though we may not be the best at expressing that.
Overall, I'm not discouraging you to stop making videos, but find a better way to get yourself out there in the community. If you change what you do, I can see you becoming a great video maker.