• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is there any 4LLL tutorials around in the net

Mohammad96

I am looking around the net for a 4LLL tutorial is there any around the net.

Sorry if i am reposting and another thread i didnt find anyother threads about 4lll here.

blgentry

This one spells it out pretty well:

http://cubefreak.net/twolook.html

It looks like a lot to learn all at once and it is. But that's no problem because if you learn just a few algs, you can still solve the cube with this method using what amounts to an 8 look last layer. Then as you add more algs from the 4 look last layer, you'll end up with less and less looks. First 8, then 7, then 6 .... until you get to the 4 look last layer.

I can explain more if you want details or if that simply didn't make sense.

Brian.

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
4LLL is just made out of algorithms, so there isn't really a tutorial about it.

4LLL (4 Look Last Layer) means solving the last layer in 4 steps, which is 15 algorithms. First you orient the edges (make the cross), then orient the corners (make the top layer a solid color), permute the corners, permute the edges, and then your cube is complete.

As said before, http://cubefreak.net/twolook.html has great algorithms for 4LLL.

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yea 4look LL is composed of 2look OLL and 2look PLL. And there actually are vids if you want: I have videos on Youtube for both of those. Just search me on youtube and find the vids.
That page though is pretty nice. Macky is awesome :)

linkmaster03

I edited Macky's algs a bit, and flipped around the images. I made boxes on the side which I used to mark down how well I knew it. Here's the Word/OpenOffice document:

http://mihd.net/ml9ygqh

I used this when I learned 2 Look OLL and PLL. It was easy to learn and pretty fast.

blgentry

^ I like PestVic's videos even though he's sort of annoying at times. I commend him for his efforts.

But this referenced video is in not, in any way, a 4 Look Last Layer. These days, PestVic is *way* faster than I am. But that video is clearly a naive presentation of some watered down simplistic last layer method. He doesn't even use Anti-Sune when he could, instead using Sune 3 separate times.

Again, PestVic is a much better cuber than I am today, and his videos have helped a LOT of people. But that one is old, and IMHO is a stinker. It's of very little practical use. It is NOT a 4LLL.

Brian.