• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is there a trick for 3 sticker recognition method for the sune/antisune CMLL/COLL sets

GodCubing

For those who use critical cubing's 3 sticker CMLL/COLL recognition method you will be familiar with the tricks/rules that allow you to recognize U, T, and L cases. My question is is there one for sune/antisune sets?

Brouxt Force

Yes. There are different sets of 3 stickers for different AUFs that will allow you to recognize different sune/antisune cases.

Right now, I use four sticker recognition for the sune and antisune cases, but I have yet to learn three sticker recognition for different angles to gain all-angle CMLL recognition for all cases in order to avoid unnecessary AUFs.

For sune cases, with the oriented corner in UFL, the three stickers that I would use if I knew them would be UBL, UBR, and RUF. The reason I'd use these specific stickers is so that I am able to recognize with this method for when the oriented corner is either in UFL or UBL, which are the two angles that I can not use the usual four sticker recognition when only looking at the U, F, and R faces. Antisune would be the same idea but mirrored.

Of course, there are different sets of three stickers that you can use, but those are the stickers that I would pick. Here's how these three stickers could be used to recognize sune cases (with oriented corner in UFL):

Left Bar (pure sune): RUF + UBR opposite, RUF + UBL adjacent.
Right Bar (diag sune): RUF + UBR same, RUF + UBL adjacent.
Forward Slash: RUF + UBR same, RUF + UBL opposite.
Back Slash: RUF + UBR opposite, RUF + UBL same.
Columns (sexy sledge sune): RUF + UBR adjacent, RUF + UBL same.
X-Checkerboard: RUF + UBR adjacent, RUF + UBL opposite

GodCubing

I was answered on discord. I can give the link to easy 3 sticker recognition for sune and anti sune cases as well as u t and l if you would like. Imo this 3 sticker rec is superior for reasons mentioned in the video

xyzzy

My CP recog method for S/AS is to just use the U stickers of the three unoriented corners. This requires memorising your colour order and not just adj/opp relations, though; on the flip side, CP recog is identical between S and AS.

(Not that I'm any fast with it. I'm pretty sure this top-stickers-only recognition method has been independently reinvented a couple of times and I'm almost certainly not the first to come up with it.)