• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is my dp inappropriate?

Edmund

WCA
2008ROTH03
I was confused if it was like "Deal Perfect" or something because that is normally what DP is here. I guess it's more an avatar here but dp works. I'd say that you posting it here just called attention to it so even if it was extraordinarily inappropriate more people would just see it through this thread. But no it's not really that bad, not funny in my opinion but not bad.

daniel0731ex

and i think that "avatar" is a weird phrase too because it has nothing to do with indian gods or genetically engineered hybrid bodies

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
and i think that "avatar" is a weird phrase too because it has nothing to do with indian gods or genetically engineered hybrid bodies

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Avatar
Definition 4

Other dictionaries give definitions along the lines of "a visible manifestation or embodiment of an abstract concept"
A picture (or other physical representation, e.g. your character in a game) is a visible manifestation of your online identity, which is a pretty abstract concept for people who haven't met you.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
qinbomaster Off-Topic Discussion 59