• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is it Possible to get sub 10 on 3x3 with tracking f2l instead planning first f2l?

FishyIshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
I seriously doubt it. As soon as I started planning first pair, I dropped about like 2 seconds off of my times. I think that planning first pair is very useful especially when you are trying to get faster.

I seriously doubt it. As soon as I started planning first pair, I dropped about like 2 seconds off of my times. I think that planning first pair is very useful especially when you are trying to get faster.
Useful? Yes, it definitely is. But it's still POSSIBLE (not recommended) to get sub-10 without it.

NeoBridgeburn

'Can you run a marathon with no training?'
'Yes you can, but please don't.'
'Can you get sub-10 without planning first pair?'
'Yes you can. But please don't'

FishyIshy

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok but think about this, when tracking an F2L pair during inspection, I already know what's going to come up and I don't have to look at that pair. When tracking it while executing your cross, you don't know what's coming and you will have to constantly have to look at that pair., Because I can just plan the F2L pair, I can just start looking for my next F2L pair while doing the first one. That also means that you can't even do your cross at full speed. When planning the F2L pair, you can almost every time.