• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Is 1LLL possible?

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Imo the only reason why 1LLL is not used as often is because of the large number of alg cases (which is one of the reasons why I try to look into other 1LLL styles such as M-CELL)

I believe it would definitely be faster than OLL/PLL as the recognition would not be as bad as many people think especially as you could recognise the misoriented edges easily. (in fact some could be easier to recognise than ZBLL as you can see the edge pattern more easily- although the movecount likely be worse and less ergonomic).

CyanSandwich

WCA
2013NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Could you get 1LLL to the point where you can stop practicing recog/drilling, and be able to instantly (or, within 0.5) recall an alg for a case that hasn't come up in over 20,000 solves?

Is there an algorithm website? I think it would be useful for the easy-to-recognize OLLs.
http://algdb.net/ is good

Edit: Oh, you probably meant for 1LLL. There are still a lot of alg sets there though.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Didn't Chris Tran do this a while ago? And iirc he had pretty decent times with it. Especially taking into consideration the speed at the time he did it.

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have nothing to add to this discussion other than just saying how impressive I find it. It's basically Jabari against the entire cubing community's conventional wisdom. And the entire cubing community is losing.

In many areas of cubing, one person is far beyond anyone else. Maskow has 41 MBLD points; nobody else has over 26. For a while, Alex had a 6.xx AO100 with Roux, and nobody else was even below 9 globally. Roman has been unbelievable with bigBLD; he's also done things that nobody thought was possible. Feliks has been an incredible cubing pioneer in his own right; nobody has remained at the top of the world in so many events for so long. You belong in the same discussion as all of these people, Jabari. They're all undisputed kings of their cubing domains: MBLD, Roux, hugeBLD, and overall dominance of cubing, respectively. Alg knowledge is just as important a cubing domain as all of those, and the undisputed king is you. You're the living refutation of the ideas that 3x3 is getting close to its speed limit, and that method development can't make you faster anymore. That's incredible. I hope you realize that. I might've gushed too much, but yeah. You're got my respect, dude.

(as a sidenote, I think that if you learn 1LLL, you earn the right to give the "CFOP with 1LLL" method its own name. CFL, CFLL, or even something non-cubing related. Whatever you want.)

OLLiver

WCA
2015JENK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have nothing to add to this discussion other than just saying how impressive I find it. It's basically Jabari against the entire cubing community's conventional wisdom. And the entire cubing community is losing.

In many areas of cubing, one person is far beyond anyone else. Maskow has 41 MBLD points; nobody else has over 26. For a while, Alex had a 6.xx AO100 with Roux, and nobody else was even below 9 globally. Roman has been unbelievable with bigBLD; he's also done things that nobody thought was possible. Feliks has been an incredible cubing pioneer in his own right; nobody has remained at the top of the world in so many events for so long. You belong in the same discussion as all of these people, Jabari. They're all undisputed kings of their cubing domains: MBLD, Roux, hugeBLD, and overall dominance of cubing, respectively. Alg knowledge is just as important a cubing domain as all of those, and the undisputed king is you. You're the living refutation of the ideas that 3x3 is getting close to its speed limit, and that method development can't make you faster anymore. That's incredible. I hope you realize that. I might've gushed too much, but yeah. You're got my respect, dude.

(as a sidenote, I think that if you learn 1LLL, you earn the right to give the "CFOP with 1LLL" method its own name. CFL, CFLL, or even something non-cubing related. Whatever you want.)

Basically my thoughts too :)

DELToS

I find it easy to recognize 1LLL and ZBLL, I just recognize the corners like I would in COLL (the same way cyotheking recognizes CLL, watch his videos on it), and for the edges I just do Dw until the edge on the right is correctly permuted and then I see which of the other 3 edges have to switch (for example, a U perm, or UB and UL switch, etc.).