• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Introducing the new online Rubik's Cube solver

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool effort.

However, I'd like to ask for a few corrections: http://ruwix.com/the-rubiks-cube/official-rubiks-cube-scrambler-wca/
That URL does *not* contain an official scrambler; "Official" has an exact meaning in cubing. "official" and "wca" should be removed from the URL, else it is simply misleading (and I would expect it to mislead people into thinking they're using "official" WCA scrambles). Further, the page says it generates generates "random permutation" as well as a "25 steps length permutation". That's not what's normally considered a "random permutation", and certainly not up to the quality of WCA scrambles.
Also, the same holds for the URL http://ruwix.com/rubiks-cube-widgets/official-rubiks-cube-scrambler/ and any text links to these pages.

If you'd like a random-permutation scrambler, feel free to use the Mark 2 scrambler. It will also give you access to a more efficient solver.

But anyhow, great to see people making more efforts. It's awesome that everything here is in HTML. :)

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
True, but the permutation of the cube is still random.

Yeah, same thing for the term "random-state scramble". But no one says "Markov random-state scramble" but me, and no one bothers using other clear terms like "uniform random state scramble" for 3x3x3, so convention *has* to count for something. If you say "random moves", that's accurate enough, but "random permutation" suggest like you're trying to make a misleading distinction.

Last edited: