• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Introducing DCTimer: timer app for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)

zhmeigen

WCA
2013ZHAN22
1.2 updated, and free version is available
- bugs fixed and interface optimized
- drop to stop timer
- added background image settings.

mitch1234

WCA
2010LANE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really love this timer, but there are a few things that I really wished that it had. If there could be any way to see stats for current and best avg of 5 and 12 on the main timing page. Also unlike other cube timing apps this one doesn't lock the screen so that your phone won't lock itself, I find this really annoying when scrambling for large puzzles because I have to tap the screen and might start my inspection time. Other then that I'm in love with this timer, it's much better than any other timer out there for iOS.

Jen

WCA
2014STRU02
It seems that DCTimer has been taken off of the App Store. I was being lazy and wanted to reset all of my averages and instead of doing it manually, I decided to delete it and "re-download," but the re-downloading never happened because the app is no longer there. I've tried contacting the creator, but have yet to hear back from him. Does anyone have any idea how I can get the app back? It's not even in my recent purchases.

Thanks a bunch.

Edit: I was able to get the old version of the app (1.2.4) on my phone because I backed up my phone to iTunes a while back. However, I'm still looking for ways to get the most recent version of the app. I'm pretty sure the app is up to 1.3 or 1.4 now, and the version I'm on does not save the scramble for the session event.

Again, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
WCA
2014SEBA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi! I just got this timer, but I don't know why the default language seems to be chinese. I study chinese at school but I don't understand everything, and english would me much more convenient for me. Could you tell me how to change the language?

PS1: Since like 5 month ChaoTimer also switched to chinese with no obvious reason, so I think this is linked.
PS2: I'd also like to know how to add times manually and if I can add several at the same time.

thomas.sch

WCA
2018SCHU17
Don't know if anybody is using this timer. I think at the moment is no longe available at the AppStore.

My recomendation: Do not use it! There is no possibility to Export the times! So if you want to switch the App or the OS you loose your times!

I have made 150 screenshots and then in a batch OCR to get my times from DCTimer to Twisty.