• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Introducing DCTimer: timer app for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)

zhmeigen

WCA
2013ZHAN22
Get it in the app store here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dctimer/id794870196&mt=8
or just search for "DCTimer" in appStore.

DCTimer is a professional cube timer designed for speedsolving cuber.
Main features:
- Supports all WCA's official scrambles, including random-state scramble of 2x2, 3x3, Pyraminx, Square-1 and Skewb. Scramble view is available for all wca scrambles.
- Supports unofficial and training scrambles, such as 3x3 LL training, edges training of big cubes, etc.
- Timer accuracy is 1 millisecond, and can be showed to 0.01s.
- Time format can be set to (hh: )mm:ss.xy(z) or ss.xy(z) when the time is over one minute.
- WCA inspection. 15 seconds countdown.
- Timer update, it can be set to seconds only, inspection only or none.
- Hold to start the timer. If the delay time is 0, you can just tap the screen.
- Manually enter times.
- Prompt to save when new time detected.
- Gestures support: swipe left to delete last solve, swipe right to change scramble, swipe up to edit penalty of last solve, swipe down to clear session.
- Times list: you can modify each solve (no penalty/+2/DNF), or delete it, or copy the scramble.
- Multiple session: shows best and worst time, average(mean) of 3/5/12/50/100, best average(mean), session mean and session average. Statistics details can be copied to che clipboard.
- Solve 3x3 cross/x-cross/eoLine, Square-1 shape, etc.
- Change background or text color.
More features are coming soon!

If you want to add translations: https://crowdin.com/project/dctimer

=======================
History:
ver 1.3.1
Minor bugs fixed.
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus compatibility.

ver 1.3
Added color scheme editor for NxNxN, Pyraminx, Square-1 and Skewb.
Added gesture manager.
Show number of solves in the session list.

ver 1.2.4
Bugs fixed.
Added date format setting.
Added histogram and graph for statistics.

ver 1.2.3
Minor bug fixed.
Added font settings.

ver 1.2.2
Added languages: Dutch and Traditional Chinese.
User interface optimized.
Swipe to delete time in the result list.

ver 1.2.1
Bugs fixed.
Added stats settings: newest times at top, subtitle and so on.

ver 1.2
1. Bugs fixed and interface optimized
2. Drop to stop timer
3. Added background image settings.

ver 1.1.1
Minor bug fixed.

ver 1.1
1. Fixed bugs
2. Added 3x3 2GLL scramble, Square-1 cube shape scramble, etc
3. Manually enter times
4. Added gestures: swipe up to edit penalty of last solve, swipe down to clear session
5. Added Square-1 shape solver.

Last edited:

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I used 4TFXE4TW6PJ7.

Looks nice so far. I like the scramble view, although it would be nice if it didn't require an extra click -- there's lots of space to fit it wit the scramble and time display, so why not put it there?

I'm glad random state is catching on; how did you implement it? And what are you using for drawing?

Egide

Premium Member
WCA
2011HIRW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i used this code: 4KP4ER4KLT3L
thanks for the app, the training scrambles are great.
For now the only problem l've encountered is that l can't access the results, every time l click on them the app closes.

Last edited:

Zeotor

EDIT: here's some promo code which you can enter into iTunes to get a free copy of the app. Once you've redeemed a code, please post the code here in a reply so other people can know it's been used.
HFF9R7ATTJTE
XY3YRNYA9AP7
NPL6FLYAAM7Y
9THJ34NYYLEF
F3KFHR37K7A3
FLFFX47FMHAN
4KP4ER4KLT3L
Y4RPJE7TH393
4TFXE4TW6PJ7
M66R4RJEJRHF
All of the promo codes have been used now. :(

However, it will be free for couple of days three weeks later (during Chinese Spring Festival).
:) I will look forward to that. If you could, please update your post when this happens. Thank you.

AmazingCuber said:
Where do you put in the code in the App Store? Like gift certificates?
This page gives instructions on how to redeem content (promo) codes.

zhmeigen

WCA
2013ZHAN22
I did an avg of 5 with the timer and saw this:
View attachment 3465
lol but it works well with my device.. I will check over the source code later.

Looks nice so far. I like the scramble view, although it would be nice if it didn't require an extra click -- there's lots of space to fit it wit the scramble and time display, so why not put it there?

I'm glad random state is catching on; how did you implement it? And what are you using for drawing?
Most of the scramblers, solvers and scramble views are port of wca's scrambler, qqtimer, cstimer, PPT, Mark2, and so on. I've translated from the Java or Javascript code to Objective-C. Now the code works well, but it's not fast enough and I will optimize it.
I will try to put the scramble, timer label and scramble view in the same frame. Thanks for support!

For now the only problem l've encountered is that l can't access the results, every time l click on them the app closes.
Oh sorry for this:(

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
This is a really good timer, I've been using it for a while now with no problems.
It's packed full of features, and definitely the most complete timer I've seen. I really like the scramble view - I've found that particularly useful for practising cubeshape on square-1 (some scrambles are just too easy!)
So anyway, recommend, five stars, gj and it's definitely my main timer when I'm on mobile.

Edit: App Store isn't letting me review this for some reason

Last edited: