• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Introduced two family members to the rex cube

one of the two is an avid cuber, but I don't think he competes. He should, he's quite fast in fact.

I saw him.. and went hey! You're the cubing guy right (I have too many family members...) Yep, was him.

Oh.. here!

Handed him scrambled rex cube (it was nearly solved actually, dad and bro showed up too soon, I was cubing in the car in the train station parking lot haha).

His eyes went big, then small, and then a puzzled frown appeared when he saw it didn't turn like a regular 3x3. I don't think he has ever seen anything other THAN a 3x3, so this was WAY cool of course.

He didn't have much time (wedding after party), but I told him what kind it was.

Then my 12yr old nephew wanted to try. He got one of the petals the way he wanted it to go, pretty good for no introduction whatsoever.

I am heavily playing with the idea of buying another rex from Dealmaz and shipping it straight to him as a surprise. He was quite smitten with the thing and was sorry we had to leave (and rex of course came home with me).

This sure was a fun experience to introduce other people to something like this. :tu