• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

iiTimer released! (iPhone/iPad timer)

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Really nice timer, definetlay a lot better than anything already out there.

However...
1) When you go to the home menu from the app it deletes your solves
2) It defaults to 3x3 scrambles even if you were on a different puzzle prior to it
3) It doesn't save changing the scramble type to WCA
4) Having a default session name with date and even would be good
5) You can't see your solve times from the main screen
6) Screen turns off (already mentioned)

Except for #6 these are all just minor annoyances and don't really make much of a difference besides ease of use.

1 & 2) i was going to add that functionality at some point, but with multitasking coming in os4, i am almost inclined not to mess with it :/
3) I'm not sure how to go about saving that preference, if you are changing scrambles, you might as well change the type too
4) seems like a good idea.
5) i cant think of a good way to do that, nor the reason. The screen is small enough as it is on the iphone.
6) fixed in the update waiting approval now.

WCA
2009JOHN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh my your WCA profile pic is so attractive Dan...

i didn't put it up there... its actually annoying.

Oh bad times... Can't you email someone to remove it?

People can upload their profile image themselves. That's how I did my WCA image. Warning: crop your photo to the same proportions it will be displayed, or else the aspect ratio will look wrong. Mine was a jpg file, 200x300 pixels.

Last edited:

Forte

WCA
2009SHIN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
You could maybe put in scrambles for non-WCA puzzles, like qqTimer does. It would be quite useful.

thats one of the things that i am asking for feedback for. I, in theory can add scramblers for every puzzle, but im looking for things that people actually want. What exact scramblers would you like to see?

I think a Skewb scrabler would be nice :)

cuberkid10

WCA
2010HULL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You could maybe put in scrambles for non-WCA puzzles, like qqTimer does. It would be quite useful.

thats one of the things that i am asking for feedback for. I, in theory can add scramblers for every puzzle, but im looking for things that people actually want. What exact scramblers would you like to see?

A dominio scrambler and some of the 3x3 subsets.

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
UPDATE!!

- 3x3xN, Skewb, and 3x3 Subset Scramblers!
- built for iOS4
- fixed random crashing completely !!!
- ability to manually enter times
- recalls current session on app launch

Itll be rolling into the app store soon. Looking for more suggestions to add