• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I Finally Can Solve it!!!

InfernoTowel

Sorry guys, I was just trying to sum it up for people that know zero about it. My goal was to sum up solving the rubik's cube in one paragraph, which is basically impossible.

Is there a hybrid method you guys know of? Something between the 8 algorithms in the beginners method and the 70-80 in the fridrich? Something with 20-30 algs that would get me closer to 45-50 seconds with lots of practice?
Fridrich, but with 2-look OLL and PLL. That's...not even 20 algorithms. And you can get below 45 seconds easily with it, lol, I've just been lazy.

I'd also reccomend picking up a speedcube, which allows you to turn the cube more quickly and efficiently (like I'm sure you've seen in videos). The types people prefer are the F-II and Alpha V (though the Alpha V generally needs to be modified, but the Haiyan Memory is just a pre-modified Alpha V, so I'd reccomend that.) These cubes can be purchased at sites like cubingstore.webs.com and speedcubeshop.webs.com.

nlCuber22

WCA
2010CRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
^ truth. people get the impression that you have no life if you take your cube everywhere. even if you don't, that's not a good first impression at all. :3

Probably if you're in your 20s and up. But if you're a kid, it just makes people stare with mouths hanging open :rolleyes:

naw. I got that before (I'm 13), even know I don't take my cube everywhere. But some of the people who thought that at first are now my really good friends, ironically. :p

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry guys, I was just trying to sum it up for people that know zero about it. My goal was to sum up solving the rubik's cube in one paragraph, which is basically impossible.

Is there a hybrid method you guys know of? Something between the 8 algorithms in the beginners method and the 70-80 in the fridrich? Something with 20-30 algs that would get me closer to 45-50 seconds with lots of practice?
Fridrich, but with 2-look OLL and PLL. That's...not even 20 algorithms. And you can get below 45 seconds easily with it, lol, I've just been lazy.
Yep. You can get under 20 with it. But you'll find that learning PLL makes that a lot easier.

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

full 2 look OLL is 10 algs
full PLL is 21 algs

10+21>20

I'm very close to sub 20 with F2L(intuitive) 2-Look OLL and 2-Look PLL

Then learn OLL/PLL, and you'll start averaging sub 20 in no time. Especially with PLL.

hawkmp4

full PLL is 21 algs

10+21>20

Then learn OLL/PLL, and you'll start averaging sub 20 in no time. Especially with PLL.
I'm pretty sure he meant 2-look OLL and 2-look PLL. Which is 10+6=16.

rubiknewbie

If you know simultaneous edge-corner F2L insertion, you can also try intuitive VHF2L + corner OLL + PLL = 16 + 7 + 21 algorithms

Cubin4Life

full PLL is 21 algs

10+21>20

I'm pretty sure he meant 2-look OLL and 2-look PLL. Which is 10+6=16.

That is all kind of confusing. So I need to learn to solve the first two layer intuitively and then learn to solve the final layer using 2-look OLL and 2-look PLL?

How do I go about solving the first two layer intuitively? Obviously I have to solve the cross intuitively now, but is there an instruction video just for the full F2L intuitive?

And can someone provide a 2-look OLL instruction video and a 2-look PLL instruction video?

InfernoTowel

davidgreece

WCA
2011LIND02
YouTube
Visit Channel
usually the most thing you need to concentrate on when your using the beginner method is the white cross or any other colour (the first step) because the beginner's f2l is just algorithms unless your using 2Look OLL and PLL you might want to practice the execution. Try to learn some fingertricks

rubiknewbie

Normally bottleneck for F2L is thinking time so the aim is to cut down on pauses, bottleneck for last layer is execution time so the aim is speed.