• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I can't get stackmat timer to work on CCT

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok I hope the solution's not anywhere in this forum cos I've tried searching everywhere, but I can't get my stackmat timer to work on the computer.

I got a 2.5-3.5mm adapter and plugged the cable into my mic port and it didn't work. I went to the CCT website and tried what they told me (change the mixer, set the stackmat value, check the boxes) but it still doesn't work!

Any help? It's an old cable but I tested it with another computer's speaker and it's still working

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
It doesn't work? Are you getting a bunny that shows up on the screen? Are the speakers singing opera tunes? Does the computer shut off? Is your milk spoiling in the fridge?

If you tell us what is happening, we might be able to help you more.

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Absolutely nothing. I disabled the keyboard timer..plugged the stackmat in..switched on CCT...put my hands on the timer..wait till the green light comes on..and let go. The time on the timer is running but nothing on CCT.

That's just it. Nothing happens.

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh okay..will CCT show anything to signify that the timer is plugged in correctly or will you only know it when the timer is running?
Also, is there only one stackmat value that will make it work?

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Then it was always "OFF".
They gave a choice of 5 mixers to choose from but I could only select 2 of them (the rest were in gray). I've tried both of them with different settings but it still doesn't work

Rodrigo Piaggio

Premium Member
WCA
2009BERM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My exprience: first i cannot made the stackmat working with cct no matter wich conbination of setting i choose. Then i change the settings of my microphone port (SoundMax) from "diadem" to "standard microphone" and all working fine!!
(i only check the 15 minutes, 165.. etc)

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@ Bryan: Yes I was able to record myself. I've always used my webcam to record my cubing videos so there shouldn't be anything wrong with the mic port

@ flakod2: May I know how to change the settings? I looked under Control Panel >> Sounds and Audio Devices but couldn't really do much there

TomZ

@ Bryan: Yes I was able to record myself. I've always used my webcam to record my cubing videos so there shouldn't be anything wrong with the mic port

Well, unless your webcam has a 3.5mm jack that answer is of no use. Even if your computer didn't have a microphone jack you would still be able to record sound using an USB webcam.

Last edited:

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes my webcam does have a 3.5mm jack to connect to the mic port.

Anyway, I just realised that when I twist and turn the cable a little bit, the timer would turn from "OFF" to "ON" for a fraction of a second once in a while..could it be that the contact of the adapter or the cable is not good? Or did I set any values wrongly?

EDIT: I tried my friend's cable and it's the same so it's not the cable's problem. It MIGHT be the adapter's problem but it's brand new! And the ON/OFF thing happens when I twist the cable, not the adapter..

Last edited:

abr71310

WCA
2009SHAO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe the timer is non-compatible with a data port you tried to hook up.

I remember reading somewhere that certain older versions (or "different" ones, anyway) don't have a data port and thus cannot be hooked into a computer.

mazei

WCA
2009AZRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mine has a slight problem with the connection to the port. Sometimes if I nudge it slightly it doesn't detect it. So I usually just play around with the connection with the port and it should function.

As for the sound settings, just double click your volume icon in the task bar.