• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] I am thinking of starting a shop

SECuber

I am thinking of starting a shop, and want to start by selling two GTS2Ms, fully set up with many accessories, for $49.99. The price would cover the accessories, lube, labor, etc. I will charge $5 shipping, and cannot ship outside of U.S. I will only get the equipment if people order it, if wanted, I will make a full list of accessories, mostly for keeping safe while shipping and keeping them together, there is also an adjustment tool, but that is it. These are not necessary, and if you don’t want them, it will not effect the price, as I will still use them to keep everything together, so it is pointless to request them not come with your cube. I would resticker the Cubes also, to a full-bright scheme. Please note, I am just thinking about this, and need some thoughts. I am going into the amount of detail I would on the shop, so you can let me know if I should get the equipment to start this. Sorry if this was too long, I want to give as much detail as possible. Thanks for your time!

SECuber

Well, I am just thinking of this, and the money covers the costs of the equipment I need, and the accessories I have added, which I will remove, and lower the price, thanks for the feedback.

I may not actually do this period, noticing that it is true that more people want Cubes from other places...

Last edited by a moderator:

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If your magnetic cubes are not cheaper, it's likely the shop wouldn't succeed. The excellent setup of the magnetic cubes from major cubes stores makes it pretty much impossible to beat just based on quality. You're best bet would probably be the bare minimum or the magnets to make it as cheap as possible. Also, it's likely that quite soon factory magnetization will be standard for at least all 2x2s and 3x3s

SECuber

My intention was to hand magnetize the cube, but I like strong magnets which are a little expensive, so I couldn’t lower the price much with that, I was going to have maglev tensions, but the cube ends up too expensive, I may do this at a Lowe price, but for now it likely won’t work. I didn’t give it enough thought to if people would actually want the magnets I like which make the cube heavier. I was going to have Magnetic centers too, which also effects the price. My cube setup is very weird anyway, I use very loose tensions, which is why I NEED magnets or my cubes will just pop to easily. I am working on a way to put GES nuts in my square 1 though, so if that would sell, I would do that.

SECuber

It's not that I WANT cubes from other places - you leave me no choice as you won't ship outside your own country.
I would need a price, I would consider international if it were not to expensive, but I likely won’t do it anyway.