• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] i am new

FrozenShadows

Hi there! It's me! So, I am completely new to this community. I started cubing when I had a few old cubes in my house, and I learned to solve them about a month ago. I'm starting out and getting faster, but still a time of about 5 minutes to solve. Can someone help explain, what to do, where to go, how to learn, so yeah?

cashis

what to do
make sure you're having fun
where to go
youtube is a great resource for everything!
how to learn
Assuming you're using a beginner's method, the first thing to do is pick a speedsolving method. there's a few videos on this on youtube about how to pick one, but remember that picking a method isn't a full commitment right now. you can experiment and have fun with different methods. just make sure you're always having fun, and when you think you have a decent grasp on the big 3 of speedsolving, you can commit to one. here's a video on the big 3: (vid)

FrozenShadows

FrozenShadows

make sure you're having fun

youtube is a great resource for everything!

Assuming you're using a beginner's method, the first thing to do is pick a speedsolving method. there's a few videos on this on youtube about how to pick one, but remember that picking a method isn't a full commitment right now. you can experiment and have fun with different methods. just make sure you're always having fun, and when you think you have a decent grasp on the big 3 of speedsolving, you can commit to one. here's a video on the big 3: (vid)

I don't actually know XD. It's a stickerless cube, but with black stickers to look neon. Here is where I got it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XFPXJW3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, I know. It's from Amazon. But it is kinda quick. It helped me get from a 10 min solve to a 2 min solve.

Also, BTW do you know someone named Max Pastuskov? They have a
brother who's a cuber.

FireCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't actually know XD. It's a stickerless cube, but with black stickers to look neon. Here is where I got it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XFPXJW3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, I know. It's from Amazon. But it is kinda quick. It helped me get from a 10 min solve to a 2 min solve.

Ok, well I would really recommend getting the MF3RS2 from Thecubicle.us. It is an awesome 3x3 and I use it as my main:
https://www.thecubicle.com/products/mofang-jiaoshi-mf3rs2

What other events can you do?

FrozenShadows

Thanks! I know his brother from a few times I've come over... and the only discussion I've had with Dan is about UNDERTALE. Can you ask him for me what cubes I can get? I can't go to his house for now. I'm not trying to make you a messenger, I'm just asking a favor. Once again, THANK YOU. If you choose to do this, tell him it's from one of Max's acquaintances, who has golden hair and went to Japan with him.

Arigato!