• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] i am new

Thread starter #1
Hi there! It's me! So, I am completely new to this community. I started cubing when I had a few old cubes in my house, and I learned to solve them about a month ago. I'm starting out and getting faster, but still a time of about 5 minutes to solve. Can someone help explain, what to do, where to go, how to learn, so yeah?

make sure you're having fun
youtube is a great resource for everything!
Assuming you're using a beginner's method, the first thing to do is pick a speedsolving method. there's a few videos on this on youtube about how to pick one, but remember that picking a method isn't a full commitment right now. you can experiment and have fun with different methods. just make sure you're always having fun, and when you think you have a decent grasp on the big 3 of speedsolving, you can commit to one. here's a video on the big 3: (vid)

Thread starter #4
Thread starter #5
make sure you're having fun

youtube is a great resource for everything!

Assuming you're using a beginner's method, the first thing to do is pick a speedsolving method. there's a few videos on this on youtube about how to pick one, but remember that picking a method isn't a full commitment right now. you can experiment and have fun with different methods. just make sure you're always having fun, and when you think you have a decent grasp on the big 3 of speedsolving, you can commit to one. here's a video on the big 3: (vid)
I don't actually know XD. It's a stickerless cube, but with black stickers to look neon. Here is where I got it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XFPXJW3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, I know. It's from Amazon. But it is kinda quick. It helped me get from a 10 min solve to a 2 min solve.

Also, BTW do you know someone named Max Pastuskov? They have a
brother who's a cuber.

YouTube
channel/UCPGidmc
I don't actually know XD. It's a stickerless cube, but with black stickers to look neon. Here is where I got it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XFPXJW3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, I know. It's from Amazon. But it is kinda quick. It helped me get from a 10 min solve to a 2 min solve.
Ok, well I would really recommend getting the MF3RS2 from Thecubicle.us. It is an awesome 3x3 and I use it as my main:
https://www.thecubicle.com/products/mofang-jiaoshi-mf3rs2

What other events can you do?

Thread starter #10
Thanks! I know his brother from a few times I've come over... and the only discussion I've had with Dan is about UNDERTALE. Can you ask him for me what cubes I can get? I can't go to his house for now. I'm not trying to make you a messenger, I'm just asking a favor. Once again, THANK YOU. If you choose to do this, tell him it's from one of Max's acquaintances, who has golden hair and went to Japan with him.

Arigato!