• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I am Dan, from Halifax!

cubeswag96

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys! I wanted to introduce myself! I am Dan and I love to cube! I have been cubing for a while and I want to get better! I am currently sub 40 and I use the Fridrich Method (Still memorizing the Oll's and the Pll's :D). I currently own a Sheng Shou 3x3 and a couple of Rubik's brand 3x3 and 4x4 which are terrible! I live in Canada and I am in need of CRC Heavy Duty Silicone as I cannot find it anywhere in my city (Someone must have it!). I need a cube lube very bad as I just ordered my Guhong and I do not have a good lube! I have a can of "MotoMaster Silicone Lube" but it contains petroleum distillates. Well thats some info about me! I am a cool guy if you like to hang out sometime lol :cool:. I hope I will meet some good people on this fourm and hope I will beat Mats Valk's Record!
Cheers!

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi Dan, welcome!

Don't worry too much about OLLs, there are plenty of people on this forum who are sub 20, sub 15, or even sub 10 (!) with 2-look OLL. Personally, I know about 2/3 OLLs and full PLL, and I'm about 26-29 average.

I'd highly recommend joining the 'Race to Sub-30' and challenge yourself. I did, and it's helped my times a lot.

Can't help out with your Canadian shopping dilemma, unfortunately, but you could always try some Lubix, Lubicle, or Calvin's lube from one of the online stores? That said, the Guhong is a great cube even without lube.

Good luck on the World Record! ;-)

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! Nice to see another Canadian cuber. If there's a hobby store near you, you might try to find shock oil or differential oil... I think they have those for RC cars and stuff. Otherwise you can always order some silicone lube from an online store as mentioned above. I've heard that CRC is not as good for Dayans as the pure silicone stuff like lubix. Beating the WR is a very high goal but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a Canadian get up there on the rankings!

Akiro

WCA
2012GABO01
Don't worry too much about OLLs, there are plenty of people on this forum who are sub 20, sub 15, or even sub 10 (!) with 2-look OLL.
Really? Who?

Anymays, welcome, and I would try some kind of hardware store for silicone lube if I were you. But you could always order some from the internet, shipping is usually pretty cheap!