• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hualong vs Meiying (Poll)

Hualong or Meiying?

• Hualong is better

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Meiying is better

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

LiquidDnB

YouTube
Visit Channel
Which is better? The Hualong or Meiying?

I have yet to try the Hualong, but the Meiying is pretty great. It has 50 degree corner cutting and line-to-line reverse. IMO it feels just like the rest of the -ying series. My only problems are the M slices, which are a tad bit slow for my taste, and the lockups. Despite the great corner cutting, I still manage to lock up on this cube. I'm not sure why, its kinda like on the Gans 356(which I have only briefly tried).

EDIT: Just got the Hualong. It feels a lot like a weilong for a lighter turning style. My only problem with the weilong was the weight, so I really like this cube. It is my new main.
Post your thoughts! Which is better, how is it, and why do you think it's better?

Thx
-LiquidDnB

Last edited:

supercube

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a hualong and I had an aolong V2. never tried the meiying but I think there was an issue with the center caps falling off. you can fix that with a piece of paper under the cap. the hualong is great. I like it better than the aolong V2 except the reverse corner cuts are better on the aolong v2. if there is a cube that can reverse corner cut like the aolong v2 but feels like a hualong I think the search for the perfect cube is over.

one interesting thing about the design of the hualong is that it feels loose even if you tighten it up but it will never pop even if you adjust it to be loose. feels like the corners are just gliding through empty space and hanging from the corner foot. the corners do not twist though.

LiquidDnB

YouTube
Visit Channel
never tried the meiying but I think there was an issue with the center caps falling off. you can fix that with a piece of paper under the cap.

The Meiying actually has very deep center caps. Even after dropping it from a long distance to test it, the caps stay on very well.

Just got my hualong, its great! I like it better than the meiying, but only because of my personal preference. It is my main.

one interesting thing about the design of the hualong is that it feels loose even if you tighten it up but it will never pop even if you adjust it to be loose. feels like the corners are just gliding through empty space and hanging from the corner foot. the corners do not twist though.
yeah, i think its because of the empty corners. It gives it a kinda clicky feel reminiscent of the -ying series that I really enjoy.

viperzz33

it's weird because my weilong feels a lot lighter than my hualong. my hualong feels rather heavy. I got weilong v1.

Matthew Zhang

Hualong is better! It is faster, airier, smoother, better, more good looking and the best cube to ever exist. It has popped 1 out of 1000 solves and hardly ever corner twists. The Meiying is OK but no match for the haulong. Anyone who says the Meiying is better will feel the wrath of the Moyu Hualong

zhewenteh

i dont have a meiying but i have a yuexiao...i think they are close...
i like the feeling of my hualong more but i wouldnt use it in a comp
so maybe meiying in a comp as i would with a yuexiao