• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to tension a Dayan 2x2 and lube the cube?

DAoliHVAR

first
stretch the cube a bit so that the insides are visible
second
take the maru lube and put a drop inside the cube
since this is a 2x2 make sure to put a tiny amount or it will spread out and get all over the cube(even the outside)
===========
for lubing other cubes do the same,maybe even take them apart,but i wouldn't bother since maru dries off in 2-3 days
--------
if your cube pops a lot take a screwdriver and tighten the cube
that is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottTheCuber

WCA
2013GUEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Step half: Get dayan 2x2 screw driver and lube
Step one: put screwdriver on screw head
Step two: Twist the screwdriver
Step Three: Continue Screwing until you feel comfortable with the tension.

For lubing
Step half: Get dayan 2x2 screw driver and lube
Step one: Take lube
Step Two: Put a drop of lube in the dayan 2x2

AFatTick

WCA
2013QIAN01
I just lubed core and pieces with Traxxas 50k. Seems to be the only cube (I only own 1 2x2) that acts well to 50k lube to the pieces. hmmm... The springy sound will go away like magic when lubed. The lubed pieces made it feel lumpy but smooth. I cannot recall any speed change though.

DELToS

How to set up a DaYan 2x2?

So every stock DaYan 2x2 I've ever tried pops every time I lock up or try to corner-cut 45 degrees. I'm finally getting one of my own as I've heard everywhere that it's the best on the market, but how do I set it up so it doesn't pop? If it helps at all, I have weight 2 and weight 3 lube from TheCubicle.us. I'd also rather not purchase any other lube.