• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to I register to a competition if I'm a foreigner?

TheCubeCoder

WCA
2016CUNA01
Hello! I'm am going to a competition in Korea and compete there but I live in the Philippines. Could someone tell me how to register there?

Thanks! :)

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
Go to the WCA website and register for the competition there. If there is no link to pay on the WCA page then look for a link to a different website for that comp (this will be on the WCA page as website) and pay there.

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know how it works in other countries, but with most UK competitions you pay in cash when you arrive.
In a lot of the high-density US areas, you have to pay online before your registration spot is reserved, and there's often no at-door registration/payment option. If you can sign up/pay at the door, sometimes there's a different registration fee with a limited pool of events to choose from.

AlexMaass

WCA
2011MAAS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In a lot of the high-density US areas, you have to pay online before your registration spot is reserved, and there's often no at-door registration/payment option. If you can sign up/pay at the door, sometimes there's a different registration fee with a limited pool of events to choose from.
in the past, I have been nice and let competitors with no paypal pay at the door

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
in the past, I have been nice and let competitors with no paypal pay at the door
Yeah, for competitions I organise, I usually include: "If you do not wish to pay online, please use our contact form, and our organisation team will arrange an alternative form of payment."

To the OP: Check to see if there is any possibility of your registration fees being waived for travelling from outside the country. I've done it before, and have heard it done in the past.