• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to generate ZZ-Blah Algs?

N's-cvt

I am hoping there is an algorithm generator for taking cube state A (F2L case) to state B (H or Pi) without caring about the corner permutation. I understand the main concept in the S=B* A' format however there are so many possible permutations that it would take a long time to go through all of them. All I want is a F2L case to have it's last layer corners oriented in a specific way disregarding the permutation of them, meaning, I don't care what COLL case I get as long I get the OLL I want. I am hoping there is an algorithm generator out there that does such a thing but if there is not then what should I do to generate the most efficient Blah algs?

Custom_Solver.jpg
As it happens I'm working on an app which I believe will solve problems like you describe. Here's a screen shot from the app. Here it's set up to take a problem state to a goal state having the bottom two layers solved exactly and the up layer edge cubies solved for orientation. It ignores the edge cubie position permutation and the corner permutation. The solutions do not use B or D turns. Here it's solving a randomly selected Up face permutation.

I'm putting the final touches on the app now and writing the docs. I was thinking I would put the source up on github in a week or so. Thing is, its in MacOS so unless you have a Mac it won't do you any good.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
View attachment 11395
As it happens I'm working on an app which I believe will solve problems like you describe. Here's a screen shot from the app. Here it's set up to take a problem state to a goal state having the bottom two layers solved exactly and the up layer edge cubies solved for orientation. It ignores the edge cubie position permutation and the corner permutation. The solutions do not use B or D turns. Here it's solving a randomly selected Up face permutation.

I'm putting the final touches on the app now and writing the docs. I was thinking I would put the source up on github in a week or so. Thing is, its in MacOS so unless you have a Mac it won't do you any good.

Finally! A Mac program! Can't wait

N's-cvt

Unfortunately I don't have a Mac however the program does look good, do you know if in the future there will be a Windows app as well? Also, do you know if Ksolve/Ksolve++ or Acube/Acube4 has the ability to generate algs to an unsolved goal state?

WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Unfortunately I don't have a Mac however the program does look good, do you know if in the future there will be a Windows app as well? Also, do you know if Ksolve/Ksolve++ or Acube/Acube4 has the ability to generate algs to an unsolved goal state?
CubeExplorer works for windows, also I know K solve can do this, but idk about Acube.

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cube explorer can do this, just right click on pieces to ignore them, and then you can ctrl+left click to give the piece an orientation, this will only focus on orientation, and won't worry about permutation.

"ZZ-blah is a variation of ZZ proposed by Chester Lian in which the last-layer corners are disoriented during insertion of the last F2L block to reduce the last layer to only the pi and H cases. Because it can only give two OLL cases, the last layer can be solved in one look with 133 algorithms. "

Is CubeExplorer on Mac? I never found a Mac version

NonUsedABC

I am curently working on making a pdf with the last slot algoritms to disorient all the corners. Where should I post/publish it when I finish it?

NonUsedABC

Made a thread already: