• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to Become Fast at L4E

AMCuber

I just learned how to solve a pyra using l4e. How can I become fast at it, and how should I practice it?

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I just learned how to solve a pyra using l4e. How can I become fast at it, and how should I practice it?
I do not use to much L4E as a whole (although I have been doing more of it recently), but for trying to practice it, @DGCubes has some really good videos on L4E walk through solves, in which he explains what to look for and how to go about a L4E solve. Other then that, I would recommend that you do a lot of solves to get used to all the various cases, as well as practice on planning your whole first step or more during inspection. In other words, The more you can plan in inspection the better off you will be.

Here are some of the L4E walk through videos:
Hopefully this helps, but please ask more questions if you have them.

Duncan Bannon

Cubeshepherd mainly uses top first FYI. Dgcubes website (found by googling Dgcubes) has a l4e trainer. Haven't used it before, but his insertion trainer is great, so I'm sure it will be also.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
What do you average?
As @Duncan Bannon said I do use Topfirst as my main Pyraminx method (which I apologize for not saying in my first post) but from the averages that I have done with L4E my best Ao12 was a 7.13 and my best Ao5 was a 6.45, so as you can see I am not great (or even good) with L4E so take my advice with a grain of salt and as @Duncan Bannon said, DG's website has more info on L4E, so definitely check that out.

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
The best way to get fast is lots of solves. Experimenting with different ways to solve each case is helpful too. I have a video on the different L4E cases(they can be confusing) and checking out Episode #28 of the podcast might be helpful too. Do you have any more specific questions?