• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How long did it take you to go sub 45?

How long did it take you to go sub 45

• 1 week

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • 3 weeks

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • 4 weeks

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • 5 weeks

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • 6-7 weeks

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • 8-9 weeks

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • 10-11 weeks

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • 12+ weeks

Votes: 36 30.8%

• Total voters

Jorghi

Are you really serious? Sub-45 took me around 3-4 weeks (I don't know exactly because I didn't really care), and back then I doubt I practiced for even an hour each day. People improve at different rates; get used to it.

EDIT: So Jorghi, which one of your two posts in this thread was a lie?

Sub 50 in 6 days exactly.
Not sure when I got sub 45/40 but it was less than a month for sure. 40 was when I was I learned 2 Look OLL and used beginners PLL.
And my first sub 30 average in 6 weeks -> exactly 34 days
Check my previous posts in the accomplish thread and from june for proof.

Last edited:
WCA
2011HAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have no idea, to be honest. My first ever timed solve was around 1:30, and I didn't really time myself again in a while, and the next timed solve I had (which was just after learning intuitive F2L) was around 55 seconds. I hit sub-35 in a week or so after that (and sub-30/20 when I switched to Roux, to finish the story :p).
How long that took, I don't know, because, like others have already stated, I didn't really care. At that time I was practising trying to understand and better my intuitive F2L rather than trying to improve my times...