• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How fast should I be at this point?

CADcubing1

But sometimes people don't realise how fast they would be if they could optimize their current solves. For example I am down to 20 seconds, which I do not consider fast, with almost zero targeted practice. I don't know full OLL, my look ahead is well below average and my PLL recognition is pretty awful. I want to see how fast my solves can go before I need to seriously structure my practice.

WOW That's good 20 seconds without all that stuff

CarlBrannen

WCA
2013BRAN01
I've found that repeatedly solving gives me ideas on how to improve my method. Typically, I notice that something isn't efficient. For example, because I didn't learn all the 2-look PLL algorithms, I sometimes do two algorithms in a row. One ends with R the other starts with R'. I feel kinda st*pid doing R R' but after a few months, I start to skip the unneeded thing. All this with doing nothing but cubing.

ryanj92

WCA
2012JONE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've found that repeatedly solving gives me ideas on how to improve my method. Typically, I notice that something isn't efficient. For example, because I didn't learn all the 2-look PLL algorithms, I sometimes do two algorithms in a row. One ends with R the other starts with R'. I feel kinda st*pid doing R R' but after a few months, I start to skip the unneeded thing. All this with doing nothing but cubing.

I'm similar - some solves I'll spend like 12 moves on one F2L pair, and then suddenly I realise I have something I need to work on... :)