• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do I pop off center caps and adjust tensions on Rubik's storebought 3x3 cube?

BrandonSky

YouTube
Visit Channel
One of my rubiks brand 3x3 storebought cubes is tight and I would like to loosen it but i cant seem to pop off the center caps. I can easily do it on a zhanchi but i can't seem to do it on a rubiks storebought cube? Is it possible to adjust tensions ona rubik's storebought cube?

YOUdudex

WCA
2013TOMA04
One of my rubiks brand 3x3 storebought cubes is tight and I would like to loosen it but i cant seem to pop off the center caps. I can easily do it on a zhanchi but i can't seem to do it on a rubiks storebought cube? Is it possible to adjust tensions ona rubik's storebought cube?
You can't, because rubik's brand simply sucks

sellingseals

what I did on mine a while back is I just cut them off. I was going to use plastic sheeting to make new caps, but there was no point as there were no screws in the puzzle. There were rivets, so it was pointless taking the first one off, so I just threw it away and bought a real speed cube for half the price.

EpiCuber7

WCA
2014CLAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel

the speedcube is adjustable though, memyself and pi puts the speedcube and new3x3 in a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z606r24kcMI)

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel

gokkar

Strangely enough, my new tiled Rubiks Cube, which was store bought from Target, actually has adjustable screws...