• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How about solving EOLine in ZZ method on the right or left side?

I am learning the ZZ method and I was thinking with a little bit change, if we make our Eoline on the left like cross in CFOP on the left, would it be easier after practise? then we can do the f2l using on R, U and D sides which is more optimal then using R'U'L sides (I think so).

The last layer can be done in that position or can be rotated back and done normally.
Tell me your opinions , I know that nobody has done it previously so it may seem a little bit awkward and weird..............

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
People have done this before; it's called ZZ-LOL (LOL = Line On Left). It's an ok method, but lookahead is much harder as you can't see what's in DBL, so most people prefer normal ZZ.

brian724080

You may think that R U D is more accessible in terms of turning, but it is way harder to look-ahead. The D layer is basically out of view, and it's much harder to see the D face than it is to see the L face