• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

High Viscosity Differential Oil Thread

fiftyniner

There's a big difference in inner surface area on a 7x7x7 when compared to a 4x4x4 though.
The 4x4x4 cubes I have react to silicone oil just as well as most 3x3x3s do.

My 4x4 did not react well. Because of that, I have avoided using diff oil in my 5x5, 6x6 and 7x7 (all V-cubes). Just silicone spray. Can you confirm if V-cubes react well with diff oil (don't want a assembly mess on my hand to remove it later).

Thanks.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
My 4x4 did not react well. Because of that, I have avoided using diff oil in my 5x5, 6x6 and 7x7 (all V-cubes). Just silicone spray. Can you confirm if V-cubes react well with diff oil (don't want a assembly mess on my hand to remove it later).

Thanks.

I had a QJ 4x4x4 that was very unpleasant because it was so loose. A few days ago, in desperation, I added lots of 50K differential lube to it (probably about 20 drops), and now it's pretty nice. Not as fast as a QJ should be, but I can still do a U2 flick.

JLarsen

Premium Member
WCA
2009LARS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question, Have you tried the differential oil in bigger cubes like a Vcube 7?? how is it working? is good or bad for big cubes?

Thanks in advance
I've tried Izo Lube on big cubes 5 and 7. It's amazing on the 5x5 and works wonders for it. My point of comparison is shock oil - for those of you who weren't around when V Cubes came out, Shock Oil is to V Cube like Lubix is to Guhong. They sort of came out at the same time and were notorious for working together. All of these lubes mentioned are exactly the same thing, just different viscosity. It's all silicone oil. As for the 7x7 it is better but it doesn't spread very well, and it takes a lot. Not worth it in my opinion shock oil still works best.

On the topic of giving credit to Lubix; does he actually make anything? Or is he simply buying a specific viscosity of silicone oil, putting it in syringes, and calling it something else?

Oh, and I have felt numerous cubes lubed with CRC and then again lubed with shock oil, and then again lubed with Izo Lube. I think bp(insertnumbershere) hit the nail on the head with his analogy. Regardless there are still lazy cubers who will pay more than 30 dollars to have a cube assembled, modded, tensioned, lubed, etc. Kind of sad really.

YouTube
Visit Channel
1.On the topic of giving credit to Lubix; does he actually make anything? Or is he simply buying a specific viscosity of silicone oil, putting it in syringes, and calling it something else?

2.Oh, and I have felt numerous cubes lubed with CRC and then again lubed with shock oil, and then again lubed with Izo Lube. I think bp(insertnumbershere) hit the nail on the head with his analogy. Regardless there are still lazy cubers who will pay more than 30 dollars to have a cube assembled, modded, tensioned, lubed, etc. Kind of sad really.

1. "Ultimate" Mod, "Elite" Mod, and GuHong/LingYun specific anchors.

2. Indeed.