• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

High school people, what is your average?

abr71310

WCA
2009SHAO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I average like 85.6 right now... Chem, phys and Bio are KILLING me right now (damn exams) -- but I have 90+ in a bunch of random courses + my maths, so eh, not too bad (Grade 12 here, so university-bound, I guess you could say).

Cubing wise, I average roughly 35 now, but I'm doing horribly because I have to find a way to fix my darn Type-A and get used to the new feel of my YUGA. :D

Leviticus

I don't know what grading/marking system you use. But here in Western Australia i average differently on every subject so i don't know how everyone is getting a fixed mark.

I average ~14 seconds on the 3x3.

CAT13

WCA
2008MCCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Always A's in math. I hate all my other classes, so they are low A's to low B's. Or if you are talking about English, then not quite low B's... I hate English class. It is pointless.
That's just for core classes. If you are talking about electives, then those are almost always high A's. I had a 108% in Personal Finance :D
I'll give a real percentage (probably non-weighted) once I finally get my report card.

anderson26

WCA
2009FREN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
School wise I have about a 75 average, but only because math brought me down.weird huh? For Cube Average see below. But yeah a lot of people that I know say I don't have a life and the other people that see me solve the cube for the first time think I'm a genius. A big misconception with the cube is that people think if you can solve the Rubik's Cube then you are really great in math.Obviously that's not the case.

person917

YouTube
Visit Channel
I average around 95 in school. In my school like only a few cube, gets annoying when I bring new cubes into school they say "don't you think you may have went too far with the rubik's cube stuff" or even when people say "you looked up how to solve a rubik's cube so you cheated"

goldencuber

hmmm i have I think a 5.3+ cumulative, with one B in my 12 final grades so far...(hehe won regional math comp and going to state, but never attended Rubik comp)

I'm in the 20-30's zone in cubing, looking to break 12 one day. I did the Rubik cube in Precalc class a lot (fitting place to do it huh?) until my parents found out by chance and now i do it in Chemistry

O n founded a Rubik club with a website http://www.rca.byethost17.com

boiiwonder

I don't do homework or classwork or projects. I rarely do projects and when I do I half ass them only so I can get minimum requirements to pass. With that said I average a c or b. But I get As on all my tests.

same here man with the exception of HISTORY

But I LOVE ELECTIVES ( Automotive in particular) and P.E. (dodge ball)/Sports/Weight Training I always get an A in them. :)

Last edited:

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
94-97% Usually, except when I'm in an easy class like this year. Normal English, 101%

Like IamWEB said, I'm a freshmen and I still don't really feel like a highschooler.

As for the "Do you have a life?" question, I respond with

"No, no I don't. You're imagining me. I'm a figment of your imagination."

:D lol

Creativity is what we need.

Tetris Cube

I have around a 3.5 GPA, junior in high school now. I'm not a very good cuber either, I average about 60 with Petrus + OLL/PLL 2 look. My F2L really, REALLY sucks.

I didn't really try my freshman year because I felt that a lot of the stuff was BS at the time, and just got B's and C's. But last year and this year I've been getting mostly A's and B's. English and calculus are bringing me down with low B's, otherwise everything else is good. I'd say my average in % is in the B+ (87-89) range.

d4m4s74

WCA
2009ZALI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
80-90 for ict-related classes
50-60 for my business-related classes (those are boring)

80 for after-school stuff (ya know, drinking with friends and stuff, ski-trips, gaming, etc.)