• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi

Gapti

I am Mark fro the UK and I have been speed cubing for about 10 months. I can complete the 3x3 in about 1.20, the 4x4 in about 6.0 and the mega minx in about 20.00.

I am trying to get my time under 1 min in the 3x3 and i am also looking for some UK cubers and even better some that live in the Notingham area.

Cya around the discord and forum.

Gapti

Welcome! What method do you use for 3x3?
Well I dont know the offical terms for the moves that i use.
I get the cross, corners, first row, than last face.

I just watched a video that was quiet good where the first corner pieces went in when he put the middles of the middle row in. I think that would speed my time up by about 20 secs.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well I dont know the offical terms for the moves that i use.
I get the cross, corners, first row, than last face.

I just watched a video that was quiet good where the first corner pieces went in when he put the middles of the middle row in. I think that would speed my time up by about 20 secs.
Yes, thats called LBL. And the video you watched is about Fridrich/CFOP. So basically, you connect the corner and middle layer edge in the top layer, then put it into it's 'slot' with a trigger. If you're going to be serious about speedcubing, don't use LBL, use Fridrich, because it effectively skips a step every time. :). Don't forget to check other methods out too!

You might want to consider 4 look last layer (if you haven't already.) So you can complete the last layer/face with a maximum of four algorithms each time. Otherwise you'll be stuck doing some same algs over and over again to get to a specific case.

Iwannaganx

Yes, thats called LBL. And the video you watched is about Fridrich/CFOP. So basically, you connect the corner and middle layer edge in the top layer, then put it into it's 'slot' with a trigger. If you're going to be serious about speedcubing, don't use LBL, use Fridrich, because it effectively skips a step every time. :). Don't forget to check other methods out too!

You might want to consider 4 look last layer (if you haven't already.) So you can complete the last layer/face with a maximum of four algorithms each time. Otherwise you'll be stuck doing some same algs over and over again to get to a specific case.
After learning 4LLL my times dropped by at least 10-20 seconds. With cfop, what I am trying to lean now, my times are similar but I think they will improve heaps soonish.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Btw Petrus cuber how in God's name does Petrus work?
So basically, you build a 2x2x2 block, then extend to a 2x2x3, then you make sure all remaining edges are correctly oriented (like when building the cross, where sometimes your edges will be wrong if you do an F2 to position an edge). After that, you blockbuild a 2x2x1 onto THAT, again using blockbuilding, then use 2 gen CFOP algs for the last slot. Last layer is normally OCLL/PLL or COLL/EPLL.