• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi I am bad at rubic

hummus__

I am ok at 3x3 and 2x2 (average sub-13 and sub-5 respectively) but not that great at other events (sub 1:30 at 4x4, sub-50 OH, sub-30 at pyraminx lol). I got into cubing in 2015 after watching Colorful Pockets worst judge ever (very funny videos but the fourth one was cringe looking back). My mains are the GTS2M (which will forever be my baby), the Lingpo, and the Aosu WRM. 2x2 through 4x4 are the only events that I care about. I use CFOP, Yau, and whatever I feel like for 2x2 (usually I use LBL or Ortega, LBL is underrated and when done right is surprisingly fast). My only real goal is to not be bad at rubic. And btw Moyu is my favorite cube company if you didn't notice.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! It’s Rubik’s Cube by the way, but we normally just say cube :)
I think I might need to make a new derubiksisation video. Rubik's is a terrible company that make terrible cubes, as speedcubers we should not refer to them as Rubik's cubes especially when talking to a non cuber (if they don't understand then literally just show then a speedcube)

FinnTheCuber

I am ok at 3x3 and 2x2 (average sub-13 and sub-5 respectively) but not that great at other events (sub 1:30 at 4x4, sub-50 OH, sub-30 at pyraminx lol). I got into cubing in 2015 after watching Colorful Pockets worst judge ever (very funny videos but the fourth one was cringe looking back). My mains are the GTS2M (which will forever be my baby), the Lingpo, and the Aosu WRM. 2x2 through 4x4 are the only events that I care about. I use CFOP, Yau, and whatever I feel like for 2x2 (usually I use LBL or Ortega, LBL is underrated and when done right is surprisingly fast). My only real goal is to not be bad at rubic. And btw Moyu is my favorite cube company if you didn't notice.
Are you going to be part of or are you a part of the moyu cult?

I'm A Cuber

I think I might need to make a new derubiksisation video. Rubik's is a terrible company that make terrible cubes, as speedcubers we should not refer to them as Rubik's cubes especially when talking to a non cuber (if they don't understand then literally just show then a speedcube)
Rubik is the guy who invented it, to not call it a Rubik’s cube would be to discredit him.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Rubik is the guy who invented it, to not call it a Rubik’s cube would be to discredit him.
I agree. While they don’t make the best cubes I do I fact think we owe the pleasure of solving to our dear Hungarian friend Erno Rubik. And when speaking to non-cubing friends is when I feel it IS NECESSARY to say “Rubik’s cube,” a common citizen wont Know what a MF3RS is but everyone under the sun can picture a Rubik’s cube.

All things aside welcome to the forum! It looks like you have some pretty respectable times already.