• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Help/Advice

dspoka

Hey guys, Took me a while to find out how to get into the forums cause of the Activation Key lol, but now I am here. I am probably one of the most noobiest noobs on the rubiks cube. My average for a 3-3-3 is 3 minutes and fastest 1:55. But i wanted to learn speedcubing. The algorithms I use are from that one Youtube Video of Dan Brown, I have never tried doing this since this is a weeks since i got the cube but and eager to learn speed cubing. So any advice on which algorithims I should start and what they do?

Zigosity

Well, pick a beginner's method and stick with it until you're around 1 minute average, then start learning one of the more advanced methods like Fridrich, Petrus, etc. That's generally what people do.

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nah,

Stay w/LBL until you average either 1:30 if you are keen on moving on.

If you want to do what's best for you, i would stay w/LBL until you average sub minute or less but learn 4 look last layer to get to that.

http://cubefreak.net/twolook.html

Trust me, once you learn the fridrich method after getting sub minute, you will go down to sub 30 drastically

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yea just learn Fridrich method duh! its the only good method and will make you fast really quickly!
end sarcasm
If you really want whats good for you look around at the different methods and decide for yourself!
A 4LLL will give you a good base to start speedcubing with a minimum number of algs. Whenever you are comfortable with that or really just whenever you want. Its never really too early to start learning about other methods.
Petrus Roux and Fridrich are the most common "advaced" methods but there may be more out there to try as well.. Those three are all brilliant methods so try them out.