• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello!

Hopp

Hello, I’m an 18 yr old aspiring speedcuber :)

I’m currently sub 30 with CFOP since I’m learning to be CN but was sub 23 before that. Any tips would be very helpful. Cheers

Skewb_Cube

Welcome! I just became colour neutral and it took me 6 months (mostly because I was a bit lazy) and from that experience I would recommend doing lots of timed and untimed solves. Timed to track your progress and untimed to do slow solves to learn how to recognize new colour patterns.

Hopp

Welcome! What is your main and what other events do you do?
Thanks! My current main is gan 356 m which is really bang for the buck and currently the 3x3 is my only event since I’ve only been cubing for a few months. My birthday is coming up soon so I hope to get a 2x2, 4x4 and 5x5 next :D

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks! My current main is gan 356 m which is really bang for the buck and currently the 3x3 is my only event since I’ve only been cubing for a few months. My birthday is coming up soon so I hope to get a 2x2, 4x4 and 5x5 next :D
4x4 is fun, 2x2 very quick to solve, and 5x5 intuitive, more like a 3x3 than 4x4 is.
A good budget 4x4 is the YLM, while the best IMO is the MGC 4x4.
Budget 2x2 would be Qiyi MS, best would be MGC Elite/ Valk 2, but the price is less differing in 2x2, so I would just go for the MGC/Valk 2.
5x5 I don't really pay much attention to, but MGC 5x5 is really good apparently.
Hope this helps :)