• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello peoples

brododragon

I'm a bit of a cuber (kinda sorta). Have a speed 3x3, speed 2x2, and speed pyrminx. I just recently got them, but have had a Rubik's cube for a long time now. Just recently, I learned how to solve my regular Rubik's cube. I found myself very interested and learned more. I have a bit of a feel for the cuber community.

PB:
Regular Rubik's cube: 2:40
Speed Pyrminx: 0:22

I am currently using the beginner's layer by layer method. I'm wondering about a good second method to learn. I'm pretty good at memorization, so a few algorithms here and there is fine.

Thank you!

Edit: I'm wondering if anyone knows a good pyrminx method? Mine is one of the ones that half the time, you have to do a like 20 move algorithm to fix

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! What methods you choose is up to you! Most people use CFOP/Fridrich, basically LBL, but does step 2 and 3 simultaneously (corners and middle edges), and does the last layer in two steps. High alg count, but you can do it. Roux is a major contender for CFOP, involving block building, and some uniqueness. ZZ is also very interesting, where the first step ensures you can solve F2L with RUL, and pre orient edges for last layer. And finally, Petrus, which is a bit like ZZ but doesn’t reduce to RUL, it reduces to RU at 2x2x3. Find out more here. By the way, practise will get you to sub 1 minute with LBl :).

Mischiiii

If you want something to build upon your current method i suggest CFOP. You can do the cross like usual. Then basic intuitive F2L and finish of with your current method for last layer. Once you are familiar with that i suggest learning 2 look oll and 2 look pll.

brododragon

If you want something to build upon your current method i suggest CFOP. You can do the cross like usual. Then basic intuitive F2L and finish of with your current method for last layer. Once you are familiar with that i suggest learning 2 look oll and 2 look pll.
Alright, I'll try it

TheLegend12

For your pyraminx method you could learn Keyhole or a harder more advanced version Oka( they are basically the same just makes the move count lower.) Z3cubing has a video on both of these methods.