• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello Guys! New to Forums

MiniVanguard

Hello Guys , My name is Mel Adry , I've been cubing for 5 months but new to the forums and guess what ? . I became sub-20 in just 5 months! haha ,:cool: , I live in the Philippines , and I practice 3x3 for now , well I got 2x2 but I havent really practicing , :D

So far I got 4 3x3s and 1 2x2 ..
I can solve it in 17-19s , but in 2x2 I can solve it 7s (pretty slow huh?)
My PB is 12.xx in 3x3 and 4.xx in 2x2

My first cube was a local store cube , and it was pretty slow and locky , i didnt bother timing it
I solved it in like 3 days , and a week later a bought a YJ Guanlong , and my times had been lowered .. about 1.25 minutes , and about 2 weeks later a bought a YJ Yulong , and my times had been reduced to 45.xx seconds with beginners method .. I practiced for about a week , and I averaged 30.xx seconds , after that I learned 2-look OLL , I didnt bother learning 2-look PLL(can't just understand it) , so I go straight for full PLL , I averaged 25.xx a week later (just with beginners f2l) , I learned Intuitve F2L when I'm averaging about 20.xx seconds .. I really thought I already learned Look Ahead , but my times are not reducing . So with the help of youtubers , mainly Cyotheking's how to improve look ahead , for about a week I followed his tutorial , and stopped cubing for about 2 days , and after that I Became sub-20 (violaa!!)

For now i'm focusing on studies , and guess what i'm salutatorian xD .. And in this summer I aim to be sub-15 or possibly sub-12 .

And thats it .. Thanks for your time ..:D:D

I

IAmEpic2004

Welcome!! :D What you described was a pretty good guide to getting sub-20 :p!

hkpnkp

download_zpsm4yheaql.jpg

:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu:tu

turtwig

12 second PB on 3x3 in 5 months. That's quite impressive.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums!Just a question, I'm at the point of 2look oll in ur spot. I see you got 25 seconds with "beginners f2l" where did you learn that?

TheoLyh

WCA
2016LYHO01
Welcome to the forums... You got sub-20 pretty fast: well done! :-D You could also just go to "race to sub-20" or some of the other race to sub-X. I think its a lot more easy :-D