• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello from Georgia (The state not the country)

Storm

Woodstock, Georgia, U.S.A., Earth, Space, etc.
WCA
2016BUSH01
Hey everybody, my name is Storm. I live just north of Atlanta, and I'm a student at Kennesaw State University. I've been cubing for around 7 months now, and I have gone to 3 competitions (WCA page if you care: https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/p.php?i=2016BUSH01). I use CFOP for 3x3, but I only know 4-Look Last Layer, which is why my times are only average at best. I use Ortega for 2x2, Yau for 4x4, and Reduction for 5x5 (which I completely suck at). I can also solve Pyraminx, Skewb, Megaminx, and Square-1, but I don't know the names of the methods I use for those. For mains I have a YuXin 3x3, a WitTwo V1, a YuXin 4x4, a BoChuang, a YuHu, a MoYu Pyraminx and Skewb, and a QiYi Square-1. I'm currently trying to learn 2-Look Last Layer because I want to improve on my times from my last comp, which are PBs that I don't think I can beat. Aside from cubing, I also play guitar and bass. Thanks for reading my thread and hopefully I'll see you around!

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome to the forum. Nice times already for 4LLL. I'm sure you have lots of room for improvement. The only puzzle I don't like from your mains is the Yuhu Mega. There are much nicer ones right now, like the Yuhu R, QiYi X-man Galaxy and Shengshou Aurora (my current main). I am not fond of the Yuxin 3x3 either but it's just my preference.

For someone that has been cubing for just 7 months, though, you have some interesting choices there, like the Wittwo v1 2x2 (I love it, but my mains are the Dayan and the Weipo). I assume the Yuxin 4x4 is the new Yuxin "Blue", right?

Storm

Woodstock, Georgia, U.S.A., Earth, Space, etc.
WCA
2016BUSH01
Welcome to the forum. Nice times already for 4LLL. I'm sure you have lots of room for improvement. The only puzzle I don't like from your mains is the Yuhu Mega. There are much nicer ones right now, like the Yuhu R, QiYi X-man Galaxy and Shengshou Aurora (my current main). I am not fond of the Yuxin 3x3 either but it's just my preference.

For someone that has been cubing for just 7 months, though, you have some interesting choices there, like the Wittwo v1 2x2 (I love it, but my mains are the Dayan and the Weipo). I assume the Yuxin 4x4 is the new Yuxin "Blue", right?

When I bought the YuHu, I didn't know that the others were coming out. I agree it isn't great. I wish I had the YuXin Blue, but that wasn't out when I bought the YuXin 4x4 (I bought it a while ago). I probably will buy the Blue to replace it, though.