• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello from Boston!

Madaket

Happy New Year everyone and hello! I'm new to cubing and looking forward to learning more to get faster! I've got the beginner method down and have topped out at 91 seconds. Glacial pace- i know. But, this is just the beginning.

Any recommendations on what method to learn first to get my times down?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Best,

M

Madaket

Use beginner CFOP.
Without f2l
Enjoy cubing!!
Also you should probably get a speedcube. Not a rubiks brand.
I recommend the YuXin Little Magic (it is$5)

Wow that was fast! ;) Thanks for the quick response! I'll get a speed cube asap and will work on CFOP now!

Best,

M

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Wow that was fast! ;) Thanks for the quick response! I'll get a speed cube asap and will work on CFOP now!

Best,

M
I would also recommend ordering from a cube store (not Amazon, etc.). It's just easier to find cubes, and there is more of a variety. Since you live in Boston, I would recommend thecubicle.com, because their store is located in New York, so the shipping will be very fast.

Amazing! Thank you everyone! I'll check out all 4 methods and see which resonates the most.

Best,

M
I think a good phrase is "methods don't have speeds". Every method has a decent variant. Like EoCross for ZZ, or switching to Leor for petrus.