• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Guildford Summer Open 2011 - UK Comp!

Which date(s) can you probably make?

• Total voters

clincr

ANY CHANCE OF ANY COMPS BEING ORGANISED IN IRELAND?? I WOULD ATTEND THIS BUT WOULDNT BE ALLOWED AS I AM ONLY 15.

THERE'S AN AGE LIMIT??//?!!11!

But seriously the chance of an Ireland comp depends on the interest.

James Ludlow

Premium Member
WCA
2009LUDL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not trying to be all diva on you, but could you try to schedule an event between Master Magic and 7x7 please. I'd like to warm up for it, and wouldn't mind sacrificing something like 2x2 or square1 or some other silly puzzle :p.

That is of course if 7x7 will be an event.

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not trying to be all diva on you, but could you try to schedule an event between Master Magic and 7x7 please. I'd like to warm up for it, and wouldn't mind sacrificing something like 2x2 or square1 or some other silly puzzle :p.

That is of course if 7x7 will be an event.
Yeah that'll be easy to do. I assume more than one event between them is also fine for you :p
Schedule suggestions can definitely be made (it will say so on the website when that's released) as long as they aren't totally outrageous of course.

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah that'll be easy to do. I assume more than one event between them is also fine for you :p
Schedule suggestions can definitely be made (it will say so on the website when that's released) as long as they aren't totally outrageous of course.

I would like to make a suggestion. Could the intro to competing not be at the same time as another event, as I want to compete in pretty much everything (Except MultiBLD & Feet), but haven't been to a competition before.

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
That should not be an issue, you can ask anybody with some competition experience explanations about how comps work before the start of the events.

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Right, as of today, almost everything has been sorted I think. All that's left is the events and schedule.

EDIT: We're sorry to those who cannot make it, but the competition will definitely be on 30th and 31st July.

Last edited:
G

Georgeanderre

Im hoping to be there, i just have to secretly book a train, or beg my parents to let me miss the geocaching mega event they have been waiting for 2 years to attend -.- personally i think geocaching is a waste of time and should be made illegal

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
Daniel & Robert do u know any cheaper accommodations around the venue? seems all the hotels you provide on the website costs more than 30 pounds a night, which seems to be a large burden

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Daniel & Robert do u know any cheaper accommodations around the venue? seems all the hotels you provide on the website costs more than 30 pounds a night, which seems to be a large burden
I'm afraid we don't know much at all about accommodation in Guildford, seeing as we both live here (that sounds contradictory but it isn't really!). The info on the website is just what was found from a quick bit of searching on the internet. You stand a good a chance as us of finding something better :)