• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Guildford Summer Open 2011 - UK Comp!

Which date(s) can you probably make?

• Total voters
WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's with all you English people having competitions so far South? :p Probably won't be too much bother to get a train there and back so I might go, I'll look into it. When will we know what date it is (I'm probably fine with either), and what events there are? I've been working on multiBLD, so is it possible to make room for it? I'll happily skip one or two events for an attempt.

Last edited:

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is where it is because I live there :) The date will be finalized in the next week or 2 I imagine, once we've got as many replies as possible and once the venue is confirmed. I said in the OP that most, if not all, events will be there. Nothing is decided on yet though - the competition is still quite a while away

SEBUVER

WCA
2010HUDL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can only go in August. I'm in France for three weeks, and I'm back on the 5th. I can then take a train up to Guildford on the 6th and 7th, and then on the 8th it's my birthday! What an excellent time that would be. How about two competitions? Once in July and one in August. :D

Edam

Premium Member
WCA
2008WILL03
Assuming I'm out of the financial black hole i'm in at the moment I'll be there and try and drag grace along as well. Be nice to see everyone again :D
Voted for august, as that gives me more time to sort money, but as most people said, I can really do either.

How far from windsor is it? Got family there I might be able to crash with if its close enough. x

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you read the first thread, it says it will be 2 days and this can be used at the info thread, no need to make a new one.

I hope that the cutoffs will be similar or slower to the UK open 2010.