• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Guide for Cubing Abbreviations

byu

WCA
2009YUBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know when I first came onto these forums, which wasn't really that long ago, I had a LOT of trouble understanding what many abbreviations for cubing meant (F2L, BLD, etc.) I decided to make a short list of all of the abbreviations here and what they mean. If you want to add onto this list, go ahead and post here to add items. I hope this will make things easier for the newer people on this website:

F2L - First Two Layers (the system of creating two complete layers on the Rubik's cube)
OLL - Orient Last Layer (a set of 57 algorithms to memorize so that you can orient the last layer pieces)
PLL - Permute Last Layer (a set of 21 algorithms to memorize so that you can permute the laster layer pieces)
BLD - Blindfold Cubing (solving the Rubik's cube blindfolded)
OH - One Handed Solving (solving the Rubik's cube with one hand)

I'll probably think of more later, this is just a start. Feel free to post more abbreviations.

krazedkat

2LLL -2 Look Last Layer (Consists of 1 look oll and 1 look pll)

3LLL -3 Look Last Layer (consists of 1 look of pll or oll and two look of the other)

4LLL -4 Look Last Layer (consists of 2 look oll and pll)

AUF -Adjust U Face

Average -Average time during 5 or 12 solves

BLD -Blindfolded Cubing

Blindfold Cubing -Above

LL- Last Layer

CFOP -Fridrich Method

COLL -Corner Orientation Last Layer

Commutator

Cross

DNF

DNS

Edge Control