• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Guhong and Jigaloo

ArcticxWolf

WCA
2010SINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, I got a guhong recently. I tried lubing it with jigaloo, but it made the cube have this incredibly bad smell and began being really slow. has anybody else had similar problems and is jigaloo supposed to do that to the guhong?

o2gulo

Did you put too much lube? The pieces will melt! IMO, i dont recommend jig-a-loo just use CRC or lubix or w/e

axe97

i put some jig-a-loo in about 2 hours ago. i only put in like 1.5 sprays in one edge piece and then worked it in for like 5 mins. while it didnt make it smell that bad, it did not make it have any improvements. i seriously need to get some lubix to test my guhong, because as of right now my guhong sucks and i like my F2 wayyyyy more

ArcticxWolf

WCA
2010SINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No, I didn't. None of the pieces change shape or melted or anything. I didn't even notice that the lube was even there. It was only noticeable because it made the guhong smell weird and turn like glue. I took out all of the lube afterwards and it immediately improved tenfold.

ArcticxWolf

WCA
2010SINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, I completely took my guhong apart. I found that there was some black dust inside the center caps of the cube. I took the screws out and cleaned them, then cleaned out the inside of the center cap. I lubed the screws, washer, and spring, then put them back into the cube. I also lubed the edges seperately outside of the cube. I only did a single spray for each edge. I didn't lube the corners at all. I put the cube back together, starting with the core, adjusted the tensions a little, and now it's amazing beyond belief. There is no other cube I have which can even compare to it. Wow!

Also, signature updated. The AO12 was done just now with the guhong XD. This was like, a good second faster than my usual average, lol.

gobenho

I lubed my Guhong with Jigaloo and it totally slowed down. But I just left if for a night and now it's great :) . The plastic seems super soft and I definitely made sure not to over-spray.

Nestor

Premium Member
WCA
2013SANC10
Sorry for the bump, but I'm not making new threads for this.

My GuHong is dying on me. After a few months using Gigaloo on it, it has become pretty slow (I've never over-lubed it, I know how Gigaloo can melt your pieces). I cleaned it and left it unlubed for 2 weeks to test the plastic and is not even close as good as it used to be. Plus, for the first time I'm getting cube dust.

If I order Lubix, will it save it or should I just buy a new one+lubix and use this one as spare?

Last edited:

BPearase

YouTube
Visit Channel
I use jig-a-loo in my cube it works great but you really have to let it dry and dont put it back together unless it is dry. I think this is because it tends to get sticky but when it is dry it leaves a smooth coat for about 2-3 months. And the smell well thats just chemicals my friend.