• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

got my guhong yesterday. why such hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really don't get why this thing has so much hype. cuts corners at about 30 degrees, pops all the time. solved it about 100 times, if not more. not a rhetorical question, but why is this cube so likeable?

Achifaifa

Probably you hadn't tried enough cubes.
Probably you haven't adjusted, lubed or broke it in.
Probably you are used to other cubes and can't manage to turn it well.
Probably you though you'd make a 4.98 Ao5 just by taking a dayan out of the box.

I'd say you were expecting too much. What cubes were you using? How much cubes have you tried? What dayan did you bought? What were you expecting from it? Have you lubed or adjusted it?

Edit:

@kirjava, i'd say f-2

Really? Not sure if trolling or not used to smooth cubes. I also love the feel that the FII has, but I don't think it's any better than my dayan (I'm using a guhong, not a Zhanchi)

i've probably tried 15 different 3x3's, 5 different 4x4's. i have tensioned it, i have lubed it, and every other cube i've had has been broke in by as many solves as i've done on my guhong. and no, my expectations weren't that high, i just thought i'd have a tiny bit higher average than with my f2. and yes, f2 is my favorite.

Achifaifa

Then it's just your personal preference I guess. I use the FII as much as my guhong, but I'd never choose it for a timed solve. It can pop more easily than the guhong and I'm a rough solver :D

solved

Do you even have a Guhong? Cuts far better then that, turns amazing, almost never pops.

Status
Not open for further replies.