• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Google Doodle Rubik's Cube

scottpeterson

L' is "L prime", which, in the context of turning faces on a cube, means turn the face counter clockwise 90 degrees instead of clockwise 90 degrees.

D2 and B2 are 180 degree turns. The capitals are important because a lower case letter means to do a wide turn, which means to include the middle layer in the turn. The move "r" is equivalent to "L" and an x rotation.

16f means that the solution is 16 turns using FTM, or "Face Turn Metric", also known as HTM[/HTM]

cam you tell an earier way to solve the cube using the keyboard :)

ToastyKen

WCA
2012LUKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't get the keyboard controls to work. RUFLBD doesn't seem to work. What am I missing here?

You can click and drag a bit outside the cube to activate the keyboard.

Even better, I found that hitting tab a couple of times after starting the scramble can give it keyboard focus. YMMV depending on your browser/OS.

Really clever trick with Caps Lock! (Sadly doesn't work on Macs, where shift still gives you uppercase when Caps Lock is down. :p)

xsolver

I solved it in 6:30 minutes. Awesome thing they did, but it was a pain in the *** to turn. Also, i had to refresh my memory of the algs, theyre all in my muscles.

Cm_Hu

WCA
2011HUXI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I finally got 10s. I don't think it could be faster unless there is a way to do U2 in one move or find a even shorter solution than the 16f optimal solution.
??.PNG

EMI

WCA
2011RHEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Slice Moves count as one move and can be done with s, e and m.
That means there might be solutions shorter than 16 moves (even if you count double turns as two moves).

yoinneroid

WCA
2010UTOM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
JruXViG.png
F M F2 D2 B' L U' B' D F B R D2 F U' (15s*)
lol, seems like you can do F2 and D2 in one move using mouse controls

Attachments

• JruXViG.png
    JruXViG.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 21

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
JruXViG.png
F M F2 D2 B' L U' B' D F B R D2 F U' (15s*)
lol, seems like you can do F2 and D2 in one move using mouse controls

15 seconds using this solution and mouse clicks :)

I also memorized this solution in case anybody asks me about the google doodle today. Would be cool to get a solve around my normal solve time on a computer cube, even if it is cheating a little :3