• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Good evening Speedcubesolvers…..(in live concert voice)

DavyP

I‘ve lurked here for a few months and thought I might as well sign up.

I have accumulated a large collection of cubes over the past year, though they are mostly sitting in a display cabinet in my house and not used as yet.

I only got started cubing after watching a documentary on Netflix. I don’t really do it to chase times I use it more as a form of relaxation and focus to
take a time out from life and all that comes with it. It works and is a great way to relax :)

Anyway, hello all 👍

DavyP

Welcome! You aren't the only "slow going" cuber around here. There are a lot of older cubers. (They make up quite a bit of the community actually) If you aren't focused on speed then learning many methods can be enjoying. I would recommend Roux or Nautilus.

Yep, I think I definitely fit in the “older” category :). I’m currently using CFOP and working through 2 look oll having covered off advanced cross and F2l. I work from home so always have a cube in front of me and just randomly practice the algorithm I’ve most recently learnt whilst mulling over work matters.

I do have an addictive personality so have accumulated more cubes than I’d want to readily admit to :oops: though I’ve spent the most time with the soft touch Gan 11m Pro. I just love the feel of it, the best way to describe it is that it feels a bit like the rubber on the top of a pencil.

I’ll certainly try other solving methods once I get the grip of OLL and PLL 👍 and then move onto the 4x4.

voidrx

I‘ve lurked here for a few months and thought I might as well sign up.

I have accumulated a large collection of cubes over the past year, though they are mostly sitting in a display cabinet in my house and not used as yet.

I only got started cubing after watching a documentary on Netflix. I don’t really do it to chase times I use it more as a form of relaxation and focus to
take a time out from life and all that comes with it. It works and is a great way to relax :)

Anyway, hello all 👍
You should use Nautilus for 3x3.
Here is the Nautilus website link: https://sites.google.com/view/nautilus-method
This method is very good and has the potential to be world-class. I am the fastest user right now and I currently average 12 seconds, and I hold the Nautilus Unofficial World Record Single of 6.16 seconds.
PS. There is a Nautilus Discord Server link on the main page of the website if you have any questions.