• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Good EG + CLL Algorithms

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was very hesitant to learn EG-1 after I had finished learning CLL because many people said a bunch of the algorithms were really bad. I didn't want to learn bad/slow algorithms so I've been working on finding "good" EG algorithms for a while now and have finally compiled a whole list. Algorithms came from David Woner, Justin Jaffray, Rowan Kinneavy, Jude Wright, Bence Barát, Amaury Sechet, and me. I'll be updating the list whenever I find a better algorithm for a certain case, but the current algorithms can all be done relatively quickly.

My CLL and EG algorithms are found on my website.

CLL: http://www.speedcubing101.com/cll.html
EG: http://www.speedcubing101.com/eg-1.html

If you have any algorithms that you think are better than what I have posted or something is wrong with an algorithm, just let me know. :)
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Edmund

WCA
2008ROTH03
It says I have to enter a password to enter to see the EG algs... but I look for to checking out the algs.

Edit: Thanks for getting rid of that password block! :) It works just fine now.

Last edited:

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is your site down?

Nope, it's working for a few other people and I.

Lol for me it's saying that the link is broken...even when I search it with Google and click on the link it doesn't work.

Wow, that's really weird because that actually happened to me earlier today. I have no idea why though. I just waited a few minutes and it started working again. So just wait a little while and see what happens.

WCA
2009HONI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i learnt 3 set of EG from woner's site...but I don't know whether to continue with EG or not..

there are too many <R,F,U> algs, so it's difficult to memorize sometimes. at least with CLL, there are many algs having non <R,F,U> algs..bleah

WCA
2007ESPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For the Pi case: U2 R U R' U R D' R U' R' F'

I do R' U2 x' R2 (U' R' U R)x2.75 R' x U2 R

I do the same alg for COLL. It can be fast if you are good at that trigger motion. What I mean by "x2.75" is that you do it almost three times but you leave out the final R. Haven't really shared this alg with anyone but I'm sure I'm not the only one to have figured it out.

Weston

Premium Member
WCA
2008MIZU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For the Pi case: U2 R U R' U R D' R U' R' F'

I do R' U2 x' R2 (U' R' U R)x2.75 R' x U2 R

I do the same alg for COLL. It can be fast if you are good at that trigger motion. What I mean by "x2.75" is that you do it almost three times but you leave out the final R. Haven't really shared this alg with anyone but I'm sure I'm not the only one to have figured it out.

I use an OLL for that case.
(U2) R' U' R U' R' U (y') R' U R B

Bayview 2x2 will be pretty tough to win. We have 4 people that know CLL there. Im averaging around 3.4 right now. How fast are you now Phillip?

EDIT: Now I realize that my alg is essentially the same as Anthony's

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did you look in the wiki, at the CxLL pages?

I have posted some algs there for EG (some pages needs to be fixed after someone posted a load of CLL's as being EG 0 algs, I fixed some of them but more are there).

And please fill in with more algs, there are gaps...

Last edited:

deadalnix

WCA
2008SECH01
I see on your website that you are using some pictures of mine.

These pictures are under FDL licence, and you do not respect this licence. This is not a restrctive licence, so please respect it.

Basically, you just have to tell who's the original author, and mention the gnu fdl licence as effective on the picture. If you respect that, you can do whatever you want with that.

I have choosen a very permissive licence to allow people like you to use the picture and I'm happy with that. But you cannot make the picture your own.

Anyway, I'm very curious to know where did you find theses pictures.

Last edited:

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Basically, you just have to tell who's the original author
Uh...
Thanks for letting me use your CLL Images, David.

I'm just asking he do the same for my images ;) Nothing more, but nothing less.

If you are asking if I stole your images, the answer is no. I don't even know what your site is. I am also willing to bet that if you do a direct comparison between the two, they will obviously not be the same.