• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Gocube not charging

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
So my gocube just does not charge anymore, which is a problem many people on Kickstarter were having, but I got a later version of the cube. I tried flipping the reset switch for 5 seconds and charging it but that did not work. Anyone else got this problem? And Ideas? Its really disappointing how this is happening to a $100 cube

povlhp

It comes with a rechargeable Lithium battery, they have a limited lifetime. And if it ever gets discarged below 3.0V, it might be difficult to wake up again.
For drones etc I have been able to revive dead batteries by charging them as NiMH untl sufficient power to be handled as LiPo again, but that is not an option here I guess ?
The dying batteries is one reason I have the iCarry, and not will buy another smartcube without replaceable battery.

J41

I don't have any solutions, but it sounds like a common issue unfortunately. I'm a bit scared the same thing will eventually happen to mine, particularly given I don't use it super regularly. I've had some scramble issues recently, too.

Posting to sub to thread. Good luck OP.