• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[German NR] Cornelius Dieckmann - 3x3x3 Average - 7.85

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[video=youtube_share;aVV8xvUChiU]http://youtu.be/aVV8xvUChiU[/video]

8.12, 7.83+2, 7.38, 6.77, 8.04

There is no video of the first solve.
Cube: Gans (Gan357) The guy who manufactures the cube took the video. Thanks for that! Also thanks to James Molloy for lending me the cube and then giving it to me afterwards!

This is actually really good for me. The reason why I have this expression :/ throughout the average is because of the second solve which was a classic Cornelius. It should have been a sub-7 solve which would have made it a ~7.4 European record average. LL was an easy ZBLL case.
After the 7.38 solve James said "I'm so sad for you" haha.
But I've said this before, I won't complain. I'm honestly really happy I got sub-8 average at last (three even!) and the German record back.
Ranked 5th at the world and third in Europe.

Results: https://www.worldcubeassociation.or...ll+Results&competitionId=NottinghamSummer2014

tl;dr I'm happy about this. :)

D

Deleted member 19792

Nice job!

I wonder what would have happened if he got the 6.77 at a Polish competition (lol crowd eruption)

mati1242

Forgot to say - really good average.
I'm interested in this cube for a long time now.
Cornelius what do you think about this cube?

Last edited:

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the nice words!

Yeah, the cube is really good. It's my main right now. I used an Aolong for the first two rounds and a Gans in the final.
The Gans is really fast and has beautiful corner cutting. I put shock oil in it which made it even better.
The Aolong is also really, really good. It's like an F2 without the flaws of an F2. Put some Maru in it and it's beautiful.

As for the "no reaction" thing, itwas just because I realised I could have had a counting 6 if I had finished that 7.83+2 properly. But like I said, I'm actually very happy with this.

rowehessler

did you get lucky with OLL on the 7.38 and the 6.77 or did you know it would skip? congrats