• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[NR] German - Cornelius Dieckmann - 4.77 3x3 single

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Oops, I did it again. I think it's pretty clear from my reaction that I was completely astonished by this. For one, it's only been two weeks since I got my 4.83, which was tied by Sebastian Weyer last weekend and which I thought I might never beat. For another, I do yellow cross only about once every 300 solves, because my look-ahead is pretty bad on anything but white. However, this scramble was incredibly easy on yellow (x-cross and preserved pair), so I immediately decided to go for it. Still, I wasn't expecting it to be quite that simple, what with the nice remaining two pairs and the forced OLL skip.

I'm sure it would've even been slightly faster had it been on white. In an ideal world, I also wouldn't have done U' U before PLL. But 4.77? No complaints. This makes me the first European to get two sub-5s in competition. It also nearly broke Mats Valk's long-standing European record of 4.74.

Ranked 1st in Germany, 2nd in Europe, 7th in the world.

Scramble: F D2 R L2 U F' U R2 D2 R2 B L2 B2 D2 B2 U2 B R2
41 turns / 4.77 seconds = 8.60 turns per second

Competition: Franconia Open 2018 first round.

Cube: GAN Air 356 SM (blue GES nuts). I only took the cube out of the box about an hour before this, so I had done no more than 50 practice solves and no adjustments. This was only my second official solve with it.

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
That was one beautiful solve. Too bad I didn't actually notice any of it in the round. I'm also quite proud I managed to follow what was happening on my second view, after realizing you solved on yellow :D