• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Georgia Competition

chickenfly34

WCA
2010NGUY08
Because I did't have stacktimer before, and when i touch the stacktimer, i got out my hands so early and the stacktimer did not start :fp, and I was very nervous too. Who have pictures post for me please? I just have a few picture. :eek:

ajmorgan25

WCA
2008MORG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I had a great time at this competition. Along with almost everybody else, I didn't do as well I would have liked to but it was still a blast.

If I didn't meet you at the competition, sorry. I would have liked to talk to everybody but with practicing, judging, and scrambling, I didn't get to socialize as much as I normally do. It's good to hear that this competition is probably going to be held twice a year though. So if I didn't talk to you today maybe we'll get a chance to talk at the next competition.

Overall, great job to David Sanders and Andrew Kang for organizing the event. You guys did great along with everybody else who helped.

Oh yeah...Megaminx in the next competition. Just sayin'.

Feanaro

WCA
2008PHEL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome comp! Can't wait for the next one, but we need a steady food place lol. My current 3x3 bld success rate is 71.4% and the number ten slot is 75% :( so close!

DYK

-Karate chopping the timer is loads of fun

-You don't get mugged when you have a 6-foot, bearded and tatooed man with you

-I suck at team solving (Andrew is a witness)

Last edited:

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm (extremely) tired, but I'll do some DYKs.

Did you know?

-Finding the venue was rather traumatic for me.

-I didn't have time to eat at home, so I brought some easily accessible foods, and my breakfast was composed of half a jar of nutella mixed in with enough coffee grounds to make a pot of coffee.

-I still took 2 caffeine pills?

-After taking off my (multiple) good luck charms I began to get really good cases?

-I got FOUR +2s in my magic average?

-Scrambling cubes get's really annoying, really fast.

-I was second to last person to go during finals, so everyone was staring at my last average?

-After my fourth solve, I yelled out, "THREE PLL SKIPS IN A ROW WOWOWOW".

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
After my fourth solve, I yelled out, "THREE PLL SKIPS IN A ROW WOWOWOW".

Only three? :(

I messed up ZBF2L on the first one, and the last one, I misread the edge cycle, and I ended up having a U Perm. Dx

I don't think people noticed my PLL skips for 5x5 or the first few rounds of 3x3.
Their attention was more on Andrew. xD

DavidSanders

WCA
2008SAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That was a great competition. I had tons of fun, and who knew organizing was sooo much work!?!
Still thanks to everyone for coming, and thanks for the help from Chris and Andrew. And Andrew, you did a GREAT job delegating. Especially with your choice of certificates, they are very official.

A few DYKs...

-That Chris Tran's good luck charms actually cause an aura of bad luck when he has them on?

-I got a very terrible average as my final average, but a very nice single to finish it off?

-Getting lucky is definitely not a crime?

-Andrew Kang got a 7.xx solve and everyone went crazy, but then the few people who knew it was just practice went "AWWWW"?

-I cubed the whole competition with a bandage around my right hand because just two nights ago I split my hand open?

-A very young kid got a 13.xx single?