• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Potential Competition in Georgia, USA

Would you attend a Georgia Competition?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Depends on the date

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Over the past couple of months, I've been working on organizing a competition in Georgia. I have a venue lined up and (probably) a delegate as well. Now I need to gauge the community interest in this competition so that we can know how many people to expect. So the question is, would you be interested in a Georgia competition? We're looking at a January or February date.

Last edited:

giorgi

WCA
2013TARI01
probably Yes if it actually was in a country Georgia :D when I saw title I thought it was georgian competition you should change title to Georgia, USA :D

YouTube
Visit Channel
I would definitely attend. I will definitely be there if the date is right. Im super excited to attend if it is happening. Hey Ray, I would also be happy to judge and scramble if necessary.

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would defiantly attend to a Georgian Competition. :) If this works out, could you consider adding the 6x6 event?

The likelihood I would come is directly proportional to the amount of rounds of OH, 5x5, Skewb, and 7x7 present.

Nothing about events will be decided until I get a delegate for sure. However, I'd bet on OH and Skewb yes, 5-7 probably not.

CubitGames

YouTube
Visit Channel
If it is held near Atlanta i will most likely come. Only problem is the last Georgia competition results i saw (which i think was held by Torch) had all the people getting under 30 seconds, best i can get is about 50 seconds and thats when using CFOP. I only use the 7 algorithm method for OLL though, and i only know 4 of them. But i have PLL down. anyway if you do hold it i would be happy to me a timer/judge when im not competing.

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If it is held near Atlanta i will most likely come. Only problem is the last Georgia competition results i saw (which i think was held by Torch) had all the people getting under 30 seconds, best i can get is about 50 seconds and thats when using CFOP. I only use the 7 algorithm method for OLL though, and i only know 4 of them. But i have PLL down. anyway if you do hold it i would be happy to me a timer/judge when im not competing.

Don't worry about your times! If you look at the results of the Kansas competition that just happened, 8 people were slower than 50 seconds. It's always great to come out to a competition and meet other cubers, no matter how fast or slow you are.

Anyway, I may know what the date will be by the end of the week. It will possibly be in January.

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Unfortunately, I do not think I will be able to organize this competition. If anyone else in the area wants to organize a competition, I will be more than happy to help in any way I can. Thanks for all the interest and my apologies for not being able to come through.

EDIT: I'm looking for a new venue. If it works out, I'll post an update.

Last edited: